Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red - Recent approvals

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Red - Recent approvals

@Epcot wrote:
I do stop into target frequently and always thought about the card. 5% savings is better than nothing. But I never pulled the trigger, didn't want the HP and when I did some research I found out about the low CL they give. Last month I went for the debit card and have been very happy. Funds are taken out on the 2nd business day after the transaction takes place.

Use that debit card for 6 months. Let Target get an idea of your spending habits. Then, app for the Red Card. I would bet you will get a nice limit from them since they "know you"... That worked for me. I used the debit for 6 months and was approved for the Red Card with a $2500 limit.

Good luck.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 41 of 70
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Use that debit card for 6 months. Let Target get an idea of your spending habits. Then, app for the Red Card. I would bet you will get a nice limit from them since they "know you"... That worked for me. I used the debit for 6 months and was approved for the Red Card with a $2500 limit.

Good luck.

Hopefully you didn't go all in for that betting. I had my debit red from 2011/04, just applied online for credit version and got $300 CL. Spend about $500 per month at Target.

Message 42 of 70
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I still don't know why my card started at $3k. Not complaining but my credit is nothing special.  I wonder if someone that started with a lower credit limit will be more likely to get a CLI than me. I'll probably try after the 4th statement cuts. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 43 of 70
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Don't count on it... Target is notorious for low limits. You just lucked out :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 44 of 70
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I still don't know why my card started at $3k. Not complaining but my credit is nothing special.  I wonder if someone that started with a lower credit limit will be more likely to get a CLI than me. I'll probably try after the 4th statement cuts. 

@Anonymous, i've been stuck @ $200 for many years now. Don't waste your time trying for a increase either cause they don't accept customer requested credit limit increases.

Message 45 of 70
Elcid89
Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@Anonymous, i've been stuck @ $200 for many years now. Don't waste your time trying for a increase either cause they don't accept customer requested credit limit increases.

Agreed. Target is inexplicable. With my scores and $335k in income, they gave me a $500 ICL, which has never increased over the 4+ years that I've had the card.

To the extent that I use it at all, which isn't much, I use it as a discount card only. Use it at the register to obtain the 5% discount, then immediately walk over to customer service and pay it off right then and there. As a credit card, it's pretty useless.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 46 of 70
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hahha point here from most ops:

TARGET NATIONAL BANK IS THE STORE CARD VERSION OF CRAPITAL ONE LOLLLL, relatively speaking.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 47 of 70
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@Cap1 did the same thing with me, they randomly started me @ 3k and I have no idea why. Im afraid to app for the target card just because I don't want to get stuck at a $300 CL forever (like most people do with cap1 Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 70
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@Cap1 did the same thing with me, they randomly started me @ 3k and I have no idea why. Im afraid to app for the target card just because I don't want to get stuck at a $300 CL forever (like most people do with cap1 Smiley Tongue

I think I'll be happy with my 3k limit and no plan on it increasing. I like the store and use the card a lot.  I don't use the whole limit so that helps my utilization.  I want to get my JCP ($200) and Walmart ($600) limits up.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 49 of 70
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I think I'll be happy with my 3k limit and no plan on it increasing. I like the store and use the card a lot.  I don't use the whole limit so that helps my utilization.  I want to get my JCP ($200) and Walmart ($600) limits up.

I got my walmart increased from $500 to $800, not a whole lot but it was only 2 months after I had my card. I should've asked for $1000 but I was afraid Smiley Tongue They had(don't know if it is still happening) a 0% 18 month offer for electronics $429+ so I just said I wanted to buy a TV and that with a $500 limit I couldn't do anything for $429+ really. 

Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.