Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red - Recent approvals

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: Target Red - Recent approvals

Logged in today and found I'd received a auto CLI of $100, lol.  Account opened for 3 months at this point.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 61 of 70
Epcot
Valued Contributor

An auto-increase from Target?! Wow, Congrats! Those are rare. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 62 of 70
westo12
Established Contributor

Credit Limit Increased

Congratulations! To show how much we appreciate the effort you put into keeping your account in good standing, we've raised your credit limit. Your new limit -- you can see it on this statement -- is in effect now, so you can start taking advantage of your new spending power right away. Thanks for using your REDcard!

lol I thought this was a nice touch. ^ Smiley Happy New spending power indeed lol.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 63 of 70
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

OT here, but does anyone know how Target makes money off the Target Debit card? 5% off everything and free shipping has to be a losing deal for Target...

Message 64 of 70
chadwick
New Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

OT here, but does anyone know how Target makes money off the Target Debit card? 5% off everything and free shipping has to be a losing deal for Target...

All card issuers make money from the merchant each time their card is swiped. It's called a transaction fee or something.

That, plus the money they make on interest and fees (cash advance, late fees) are way more than enough to make any company extremely happy.

Message 65 of 70
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

All card issuers make money from the merchant each time their card is swiped. It's called a transaction fee or something.

That, plus the money they make on interest and fees (cash advance, late fees) are way more than enough to make any company extremely happy.

I understand how the credit card works. But how about the debit card? The transaction fees are so minute for debits, and on top of that, they give 5% off everything and free shipping! 

Message 66 of 70
chadwick
New Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@chadwick wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

I understand how the credit card works. But how about the debit card? The transaction fees are so minute for debits, and on top of that, they give 5% off everything and free shipping! 

Haha sorry I'm silly.

I don't have a Target card but I'm assuming since the 5% only applies to their stores, it's not going to break their bank...their markup is probably more than enough to cover 5% off and then some. That, added with the swipe fees probably make it worth the while, idk.

Message 67 of 70
Tyler45150
Valued Member

I first signed up in 2012 and got a $200CL....just got an auto increase to $500 yay!!!

My Wallet
Discover IT $5K/ Amex Plat $NPSL/ Amex PRG $NPSL/ Walmart MC 10K/ Amazon Store $10K/ Target MC $10K/ Chase Freedom $2500/ Chase Freedom 2 $500/ Chase Marriott VSig $5000/ Victorias Secret $2300/ US Bank Plat $1000/ US Bank College $1000/ US Bank Cash + VSig 5k/ Citi Costco VSig $6,700/ Cap 1 Quicksilver $5300/ AMEX Delta Reserve $11,200/ Amex BCP $25K/ Kohls $2000/ Cap 1 GM World Elite MC $12K/ NFCU Cash VSig $21K/ NFCU Flagship Rewards VSig 32.5k/ Fifth Third Trio $800/ USAA Rewards VSig 14k/ Sams MC 10K
Message 68 of 70
TFD2HOUSE
Established Member

After reading these, and other, posts I find the following odd: my wife was approved for the red card cc within the last six months with a limit of 500. Only a couple months later it was bumped 200 to 700 and just a couple weeks ago another 200 for a total cl of 900. Her scores are mid 6 across the board, income of 36000, and, despite my attempts, always carries a balance and make only the minimum payment each month. Maybe lining their pockets with the interest is the key, if thats the case I think its time to say see ya to her red card.
Message 69 of 70
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Just got approved instantly with a temporary credit limit of $300, whatever that means.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.