Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard CLI by Request

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Target RedCard CLI by Request

I too realize this is an old thread. I just never know what to say when I see such low limits. I applied for my Target card about 2 years ago in store. I was immediately approved for $3000.  I never carry a balance on it and I haven't even used it in a year.  I am sure they will eventually CLD or close due to inactivity on my account, which is fine. I only keep it open for Utility purposes. Still, I don't get it. Smiley Indifferent

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 31 of 34
dk2003
Regular Contributor

I was approved for a target card when I had very little credit. It was approved for $300. It stayed there for a while. I got an email asking me to update my income. I did. My whole life is automated. So I set this card to pay in full on the due date after the statement date. So whatever balance I have when the statement is cut it pays that. I have consistently received $300 auto cli every 3 to 4 months. I carried over my highest balance $109 and I got a $600 auto cli. I'm now at a $2300 limit. So I think it is so that they want to see a balance carried over... this is just my experience!

By they way. I don't use the card very much. I try to use it once a month or every 3 months so it won't close for inactivity. And when I use it it's only for toothpaste, a toothbrush, or hair cream. Like literally that's all I use it for!!! For me target is on the other side of town 😉 in another state...
Message 32 of 34
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

... and I haven't even used it in a year.  I am sure they will eventually CLD or close due to inactivity...

They dropped my credit limit to $200 after I didn't use it for 13 months.  

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just app'd with a low 700 score and received a 3k spending limit. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.