Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target auto CLI on 4th statement

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Target auto CLI on 4th statement

My 4th statement cut this morning, and surprised to see an auto cli!  CL went from $300 sl to $800 with the 4th statement, so got a $500 cli. Hoping for the MC upgrade next year some time. Smiley Happy

DATA:

- Target Visa was IIB in 2013, and reapproved for the Target store card in December 2016 with a sl of $300.

- Statement #1 used 20% of CL and pif before statement cut. 

- Statement #2 used 90% of CL, paid down and let 30% cut with statement.

- Statement #3 used 95% of CL and let entire balance report with statement. 

- Statement #4 used 95% of CL and pif before statement cut. 

IMG_7180.JPG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Target auto CLI on 4th statement

Awesome!!! Congrats.  Smiley Happy

Spend, payoff, rinse, repeat. MC in your profile before you know it!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super awesome job pizza congratulations! 😊
Message 3 of 11
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats Pizza..I am also hoping for the upgrade.

Message 4 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! That was my Target path as well. Regardless of usage/payments, I got $300 to $800 after 4 statements. $800 to $1300 after 3 more statements and then $1300 to $2000. 

Hopefully yours continues to climb!!!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I just found that on their on line portal, you can now enter your income to be "considered" for future CLI's. I've not noticed that in the past.

I guess I really should check all of the creditors and update income where I can.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are rocking with your credit CLI's! Congratulations, pizza!

Message 7 of 11
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Nice boost! Great job.

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677] | American Express FICO 8: EX [698]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 8 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think with Target it is not how you use the card, just that you use the card.  I also think that it is best to change the income right before you start to use the card again if you haven't used it in a while and then change it often if it is only to the same amount or a $1 more.  They really only like people who use their card.

I don't know if they will offer up the MC to many, it seems as if they are only doing a small percentage of people each year.  I have had my card for years and never been offered it.  If I am ever offered it I will only have 1 question!  Does it create a new account with a new starting date for credit reports.  Synchrony taught me to ask this question with their Walmart upgrade!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

thanks everyone!! Appreciate the thoughts!

For the record..I update my income monthly lol Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.