Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target finally caved after 3 years!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Target finally caved after 3 years!

Ok... So before I continue, I'm sure a few of you are wondering "why is she going for store cards this late in the game, when she has majors with high CL's!" I'll just answer that and get it out of the way now.  Store cards serve a very useful purpose to some people if you shop at certain stores a lot, plus if you've been thru a Bk like me, certain cards are hard to get or hard to get back, including store cards you may deem worthless to you, but worthy to me, and to others! Smiley Happy 

I shop at target weekly for my groceries, so combine the 5% everyday + the target cartwheel app + weekly sales on items you use + manufacture coupons = BIG SAVINGS if you take a little extra time to do it all! That's worth it for me! 

Anyway, a little history....

Had a target CC opened in 2000 with a SL of $500 which is where it stayed for 10yrs!!!! In 2011 I got automatically upgraded to the Target Visa and a new CL of $2k. The card was IIB in 2013. So now you see why I wanted it back.... A challenge if you will Smiley Wink. The card still reports negatively on my reports from the BK, and won't drop off for a few more years, but that's ok... That date of 2000 is keeping me afloat on my AAOA Smiley Wink

So, SL is $300 but since it's Target/TD Bank we all know it will be slow going on getting the limit raised. I mostly posted this for anyone else who was in my particular situation. They pulled EQ...like 50+ inq and 20 new accts this year alone. Computer must have seen something they liked lol!!! 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Target finally caved after 3 years!

Congrats Pizza!

Onward and upward you go on that rebuild!

There isnt a Target within 25 miles of me, but I think about applying simply to see what the result would be.Smiley Very Happy

Haven't done it yet though.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats pizza. 🍾🎉🎊🍕

Message 3 of 26
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats I bet you see some growth on it quicker than us who have had the card for a long time
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza.

It's always a great feeling when a creditor gives you a second chance.  Keep up the good work.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 26
JamP
Valued Contributor

Congratz Pizza, nothing like going back and getting what they told you, you couldnt have. Way to go.

A few people asked why my DW wanted a TJMaxx store card after being denied 5 times and she had much better cards then a store card.

The answer was,  Everyone has a card they just cannot get and they really want it. When they get it, it makes them feel accomplished. 

We all have been there and I sure couldn't fault her for that.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 6 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats pizza!
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting it back!

Message 8 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy for you Pizza!. By the time you are finished with Target, i have a feeling you will set the standardSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gongrats Pizza!!!!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.