Reply
New Contributor
joeyh2007
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

Thank You DCU!

So I have seen many good things on these boards recently about DCU, leading me to check out their credit cards. I saw that their cards have no BT fee. That did it for me. I have some money on CapOne remaining and one of my other cards, so I wanted to transfer and then close out CapOne FOREVER.

 

I applied this afternoon and was given the processing message.

 

An hour later, I spoke to a very nice gentleman who said I was approved for $3000, so I asked if I could have $5000 to do the BT and have $3500 credit available. He put me on hold and came back to tell me that $5000 was ok with an APR of 11.65% He also offered to refi my car at 2.4% based on my EQ FICO of 675.

 

Now all I have to do is send in some verification to open the card and the CU membership and I should have my FIRST $5000 limit card to start the new year. My Christmas present came a week early. 

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!


joeyh2007 wrote:

So I have seen many good things on these boards recently about DCU, leading me to check out their credit cards. I saw that their cards have no BT fee. That did it for me. I have some money on CapOne remaining and one of my other cards, so I wanted to transfer and then close out CapOne FOREVER.

 

I applied this afternoon and was given the processing message.

 

An hour later, I spoke to a very nice gentleman who said I was approved for $3000, so I asked if I could have $5000 to do the BT and have $3500 credit available. He put me on hold and came back to tell me that $5000 was ok with an APR of 11.65% He also offered to refi my car at 2.4% based on my EQ FICO of 675.

 

Now all I have to do is send in some verification to open the card and the CU membership and I should have my FIRST $5000 limit card to start the new year. My Christmas present came a week early. 


Congratulations! DCU is a fantastic CU.I just recently signed up with them and was approved for $3K just like you.And just like you I'm thinking about asking for a credit increase to my limit. Enjoy that card!!! Take good care of them and they will take good care of you.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
knoregs
Posts: 571
Registered: ‎06-04-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

Very nice!

 

~kn



EQ: 726 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/22/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till January '15
Valued Contributor
Jutz
Posts: 1,216
Registered: ‎05-10-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

Open a checking account!  You can save .5% off the auto APR!  They have 1.99% if you have a checking account with direct deposit and auto pay on the loan

  • Current: EQ FICO 694, TU FICO 695, EX FICO 698 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $29,500
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 6 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $5000
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $1000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $2400
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

Congrats!!

 

DCU has been great for me as well.  And when your score goes up, give them a call and they will reduce your APR.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Established Contributor
eviLution
Posts: 706
Registered: ‎06-11-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!


Rhaeny wrote:

Congrats!!

 

DCU has been great for me as well.  And when your score goes up, give them a call and they will reduce your APR.


Will they HP?


Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

[ Edited ]

Discovering the upside of CUs for me has been like looking every where for a good woman to love only to find her living right next door all this time.Credit Unions are the way to go. DCU also has pretty good rates on CDs. Better than the banks can offer.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12
Posts: 591
Registered: ‎05-05-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!

Congrats! By any chance what are the requirements to join DCU? I saw their website but i'm not sure if i can join.

What do they ask for? I read so many postive things about CU especially NFCU (can't join unfortunately) and DCU. 

Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
New Contributor
joeyh2007
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

Re: Thank You DCU!


ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Congrats! By any chance what are the requirements to join DCU? I saw their website but i'm not sure if i can join.

What do they ask for? I read so many postive things about CU especially NFCU (can't join unfortunately) and DCU. 


To join, they asked me to open a savings acct. and make a $10 donation to a charity that they support. Not a problem considering the product and level of customer service.

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}