Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Amex! About freakin time!

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Thanks Amex! About freakin time!

Over the years I was able to get a card with every prime lender that I wanted, except amex. Thanks to the help of everyone here, I was finally approved today for an amex green! I really wanted the blue cash but i feel that I needed to get my foot through door! I have read that others were able to be approved for two amex cards in the same day and it only counts as one inquiry. Should I try for the blue or just sit back and garden? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
josie
Regular Contributor

Re: Thanks Amex! About freakin time!

Go for it I got the delta gold and then the BCE

Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 16
Weights
Regular Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Over the years I was able to get a card with every prime lender that I wanted, except amex. Thanks to the help of everyone here, I was finally approved today for an amex green! I really wanted the blue cash but i feel that I needed to get my foot through door! I have read that others were able to be approved for two amex cards in the same day and it only counts as one inquiry. Should I try for the blue or just sit back and garden? Thanks in advance

Congrats on the green approval!  Yes, I'd submit another app for the BCE today, since you don't have anything to lose even if denied.  Worst case scneario, you get denied and try again down the line once you've built good history with them on the Green.  That's what I did last June (approved for gold PRG, deniced BCE), and utlimately got apprvoed for BCE this January.  Let us know how it turns out for you. 

Message 4 of 16
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Done and approved for BCE! I struggled on the golf course today but this makes up for everything! Go Cuse!

Message 5 of 16
Weights
Regular Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Done and approved for BCE! I struggled on the golf course today but this makes up for everything! Go Cuse!

Congrats!  Don't forget that you can call customer service to find out your credit limit and apr information.  

Message 6 of 16
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats x2 Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Awesome double approvals!
Congrats!
Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.