Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks all! NFCU $10,000 CL!

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks all! NFCU $10,000 CL!

@iCoop wrote:

So you can see I was HIGHLY surprised when they approved the credit card for that much. Although I would have rather had a reduced APR instead of the increased CL. The Platinum NFCU card can have an APR as low as 7.99%. Thank goodness I only carry balances from time to time.

actually you can get much lower, I'm at 5% with Platinum, with the GoRewards (1.7% rewards card I was at 7.24% with $17,000 credit limit. The 7.99% is PRIME rate, there's a rate called PRIME PLUS

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 29
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 12 of 29
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

So you can see I was HIGHLY surprised when they approved the credit card for that much. Although I would have rather had a reduced APR instead of the increased CL. The Platinum NFCU card can have an APR as low as 7.99%. Thank goodness I only carry balances from time to time.

actually you can get much lower, I'm at 5% with Platinum, with the GoRewards (1.7% rewards card I was at 7.24% with $17,000 credit limit. The 7.99% is PRIME rate, there's a rate called PRIME PLUS

Well I am definitely about to build my history with them for years to come as they have all of my accounts now, so perhaps in a year I will ask for a lowered APR and CLI. But mainly just the APR reduction. How did you go about getting the Prime Plus rate if I may ask? And should I call in now to see if they will reduce my APR further? I don't want to push it as I know my credit scores are in the 685 range as I have a brand new mortgage, auto loan, and numerous HPs on my reports.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've so got to get in with NFCU!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I've so got to get in with NFCU!

DUUUUUUUUUUU IT   (used DU cause it means **bleep** in Vietnamese so DUUUUUUUUUUU IT! Smiley Tongue)

btw how did you get 3000+ posts and not want to get Navy Federal sooner? lol

Message 15 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

So you can see I was HIGHLY surprised when they approved the credit card for that much. Although I would have rather had a reduced APR instead of the increased CL. The Platinum NFCU card can have an APR as low as 7.99%. Thank goodness I only carry balances from time to time.

Well I am definitely about to build my history with them for years to come as they have all of my accounts now, so perhaps in a year I will ask for a lowered APR and CLI. But mainly just the APR reduction. How did you go about getting the Prime Plus rate if I may ask? And should I call in now to see if they will reduce my APR further? I don't want to push it as I know my credit scores are in the 685 range as I have a brand new mortgage, auto loan, and numerous HPs on my reports.

Just applied online with a last known 754 EQ score, my utility was at 2% though and with Bobwang's (a credit guru) calculations a 2% utilitzation is the sweet spot for Fico's.

Message 16 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Oh I've wanted to for a long time, and have been trying like hell to find a way in!   My sister and her husband can join through his sister, if I can freaking get them to do it!!!  Then I can get in.  It's not for the lack of want, it's the finding a way in!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Oh I've wanted to for a long time, and have been trying like hell to find a way in!   My sister and her husband can join through his sister, if I can freaking get them to do it!!!  Then I can get in.  It's not for the lack of want, it's the finding a way in!

you can always get in with a roommate, change your address to a Navy Federal member and put a utility bill under your name for a short time. of course this is frowned upon =x but roommates can get in if you contribute to the household, and no this is not how I got in, I was born on a military base =)

Message 18 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I had to do the same thing with roommate.  I had to lay out all of the benefits and explain it to him before he would agree.  The fact that I can extend that to my family and he to his was one of the selling points.  Also stress that its a simple thing to join and once in you are good. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 29
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Anyone who has been a member for a while know if they do APR reductions?

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.