Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks all! NFCU $10,000 CL!

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks all! NFCU $10,000 CL!

@iCoop wrote:

Anyone who has been a member for a while know if they do APR reductions?

Navy will work with you when your scores get higher, just wait til your scores are 750+ since that's where I was when I got my rates changed, dont' try to change too often =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 29
GoRavens
Established Member

I'd recommend PCing from Platinum to cash or go/flagship. With that limit you'd be signature with cash or flagship, you'd get rewards,  and your interest rate would only tick up a hundred basis points or two, if at all.

Message 22 of 29
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Oh I've wanted to for a long time, and have been trying like hell to find a way in!   My sister and her husband can join through his sister, if I can freaking get them to do it!!!  Then I can get in.  It's not for the lack of want, it's the finding a way in!

you can always get in with a roommate, change your address to a Navy Federal member and put a utility bill under your name for a short time. of course this is frowned upon =x but roommates can get in if you contribute to the household, and no this is not how I got in, I was born on a military base =)

I think I will change to the cashRewards. I called customer service and the PC cannot be done yet as the account has not fully generated since I app'ed close to the weekend. She said to call back in tomorrow or Tuesday after my account number has been created to PC from the Platinum to the cashRewards.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@icoop

Yes they will reduce your APR. They reduced mine by 2% after having the card for 6 months. I had sent a secure message asking if I was eligible for upgrade to signature. Not only did they upgrade my card; but they also decreased my APR without me asking. Hows that for service!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I got in through my husband who has been a member since 2002. He joined on base in Okinawa because they were the only bank on base and his debit card had stopped working and he couldn't get cash. So he joined nfcu and was able to get cash from the branch. Smart move Hun Smiley Wink

I found out he was a member in march 2012 and the rest was history Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 29
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
@iCoop

Yes they will reduce your APR. They reduced mine by 2% after having the card for 6 months. I had sent a secure message asking if I was eligible for upgrade to signature. Not only did they upgrade my card; but they also decreased my APR without me asking. Hows that for service!

I should get the Signature on the cashRewards automatically right since the limit is $14K? If not should I ask for a Signature cashRewards card when I do the product change this week?

Message 26 of 29
GoRavens
Established Member

@iCoop wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
@iCoop

I should get the Signature on the cashRewards automatically right since the limit is $14K? If not should I ask for a Signature cashRewards card when I do the product change this week?

It's automatic w/ a CL > $5,000 so you should be fine

Message 27 of 29
iCoop
Regular Contributor

So just an update, the Signature for the cashRewards did not come automatically even though I was given a limit above the $5k minimum. I sent a secure message via my NavyFed account and had the process completed:

"Navy Federal Response : As requested, we have upgraded your account to a Visa Signature cashRewards account. A new card was issued with a copy of the program details. All of your current rewards transferred to your Signature cashRewards account. You will continue to earn up to 1.5% cash back on every purchase. In addition to the cashRewards card benefits, you will receive all-new Visa Signature perks, including a complimentary concierge service, access to exclusive tickets, and discounts at top retailers."

Message 28 of 29
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

That's dizzying!!! Congrats to you!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.