cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

I may have to open an account sometime as well and then try for the Cash+ next year. I'm pretty fortunate to have US Bank, BoA, Chase, Wells Fargo, and many local banks/CUs call within like 2mi of me.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 21 of 25
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

By the way, remember to NOT cash out the rewards on the Cash+ card until you can cash out $100 in order to get the once a year $25 bonus. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 22 of 25
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Congratz OP be glad when i can finally PC to it I've been trying for a while now.... sigh... Got my Platinum to a $5K limit so now i hope within the next 6 months i perhaps get an offer to PC it to the Cash+ its one of my list cards.... along with the SM ..... 

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 23 of 25
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

So I went on a major app spree back in March.  Took 7 INQ and added 6 new TL.  I swore myself into the garden until the Summer of 2015 (when my last baddie falls off, and I plan to apply for a mortgage).  I was super happy about all of my cards and have gotten use out of all of them, save one....US Bank Platinum.  It doesn't give any rewards, and has a low CL ($1K).  I "graduated" to it from the US Bank secured, and figured I'd hang on to it.  After my mortgage goes through next year, the plan was to try to PC it to the Cash +.  I love the Cash + rewards, and is really the only card I want to complete my portfolio.  But I had no plans to try until next year....

Fast forward to today...I had to deposit a check at the bank, so hit the US Bank drive-thru.  The teller takes my check and informs me I have a US Platinum card and it does not give me any rewards (duh I know...I hate it...lol!).  She said it looks like I qualify for one of their cash back rewards cards, and if I wanted to upgrade, she could run it through.  I said sure why not ,thinking I'd get rejected (due to all the recent INQ and TL).  She comes back a minute later and said:

"Congratulations!  You've been approved for our US Bank Cash + card.".

She wrote the new limit down on the envelope.  $5000.00...my head is still spinning!  I asked her twice if she's sure it's the Cash +, and not the Cash Rewards, and she said she's absolutely sure.  It's the 5%, 2% card.  In my excitement, I forgot to ask her two things:  

1).  If this will be an HP...which I'm sure it is

2). If it will be a brand new TL, or a PC.

I don't really care...I'm super excited either way.

Great way to start a weekend! 

OK, back to the garden...this time it's for real Smiley Wink

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy awesome card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 24 of 25
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Congrats. That's the only card out there still that I want.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.