cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

So I went on a major app spree back in March.  Took 7 INQ and added 6 new TL.  I swore myself into the garden until the Summer of 2015 (when my last baddie falls off, and I plan to apply for a mortgage).  I was super happy about all of my cards and have gotten use out of all of them, save one....US Bank Platinum.  It doesn't give any rewards, and has a low CL ($1K).  I "graduated" to it from the US Bank secured, and figured I'd hang on to it.  After my mortgage goes through next year, the plan was to try to PC it to the Cash +.  I love the Cash + rewards, and is really the only card I want to complete my portfolio.  But I had no plans to try until next year....

Fast forward to today...I had to deposit a check at the bank, so hit the US Bank drive-thru.  The teller takes my check and informs me I have a US Platinum card and it does not give me any rewards (duh I know...I hate it...lol!).  She said it looks like I qualify for one of their cash back rewards cards, and if I wanted to upgrade, she could run it through.  I said sure why not ,thinking I'd get rejected (due to all the recent INQ and TL).  She comes back a minute later and said:

"Congratulations!  You've been approved for our US Bank Cash + card.".

She wrote the new limit down on the envelope.  $5000.00...my head is still spinning!  I asked her twice if she's sure it's the Cash +, and not the Cash Rewards, and she said she's absolutely sure.  It's the 5%, 2% card.  In my excitement, I forgot to ask her two things:  

1).  If this will be an HP...which I'm sure it is

2). If it will be a brand new TL, or a PC.

I don't really care...I'm super excited either way.

Great way to start a weekend! 

OK, back to the garden...this time it's for real Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

Very nice, congrats and enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 25
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Lucky you!

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 3 of 25
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! My bet it's a SP thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 25
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

So I went on a major app spree back in March.  Took 7 INQ and added 6 new TL.  I swore myself into the garden until the Summer of 2015 (when my last baddie falls off, and I plan to apply for a mortgage).  I was super happy about all of my cards and have gotten use out of all of them, save one....US Bank Platinum.  It doesn't give any rewards, and has a low CL ($1K).  I "graduated" to it from the US Bank secured, and figured I'd hang on to it.  After my mortgage goes through next year, the plan was to try to PC it to the Cash +.  I love the Cash + rewards, and is really the only card I want to complete my portfolio.  But I had no plans to try until next year....

Fast forward to today...I had to deposit a check at the bank, so hit the US Bank drive-thru.  The teller takes my check and informs me I have a US Platinum card and it does not give me any rewards (duh I know...I hate it...lol!).  She said it looks like I qualify for one of their cash back rewards cards, and if I wanted to upgrade, she could run it through.  I said sure why not ,thinking I'd get rejected (due to all the recent INQ and TL).  She comes back a minute later and said:

"Congratulations!  You've been approved for our US Bank Cash + card.".

She wrote the new limit down on the envelope.  $5000.00...my head is still spinning!  I asked her twice if she's sure it's the Cash +, and not the Cash Rewards, and she said she's absolutely sure.  It's the 5%, 2% card.  In my excitement, I forgot to ask her two things:  

1).  If this will be an HP...which I'm sure it is

2). If it will be a brand new TL, or a PC.

I don't really care...I'm super excited either way.

Great way to start a weekend! 

OK, back to the garden...this time it's for real Smiley Wink

awesome card....congrats!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats for a great surprise.
Message 8 of 25
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! Smiley Happy I know you're happy!
Message 9 of 25
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm.....so I've been reading back through some previous posts regarding the Cash+, and many have indicated you need a prior CL of $5K with them to qualify.  I have also read about bankers/CSRs misinforming people about what they got (told them they received the Cash+ and the Cash Rewards shows up).  So I'm going to temper my optimism until I actually get the card.  The teller was certain it was the 5%, 5%, 2% card (I asked twice...lol!).  But who knows.  They did give me a $5000 limit which is indicitive of a Sig card.  I will be disappointed if a Cash Rewards card shows up in the mail next week (1% on all purchases is almost as useless as the Platinum). 

Anyway, I'll report back either way.  If I do get the Cash+, it does indicate one can get the Cash+ card without a previous USB $5K CL.  I do have several other cards with >$5K limits.  However, my current USB Plat only has a $1K limit.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.