Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Haul!!!

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

The Haul!!!

It was Oct 16, and I'd just paid my HSBC and Citi Thankyou payments down to zero. My fingers were burning with desirew b/c I knew that I was going to get a boost to somehwere over 750 in just a few days. Then on 10/21 it popped. The Alert showed up in my email letting me know that my score has changed...

With those two bills paid to 0 my EQ went to 787 and my EX went to 726. So happy that I was sweating bullets, then full on torpedo shells. Couldn't hold out...

Apped for AMEX HHonors and got approved. Apped for AMEX Delta got in progress but later approved. Dug out the Citi Hilton Honors offer letter that I'd received back in August, got SUPER approved. Apped for the US Bank Cash + (I'd opened a bank account with them a few months ago in preparation for this card), got approved. Apped for the CSP, I knew that I shouldn't have b/c of my bad relationship with Chase. Thought my EQ score would get me passed the aumoated edits though. They pulled both EQ and EX (burned a hp) and got denied. Then as the last drop of sweat rolled off of my brow apped for the FNBO MC, they've been sending offers now for three months. Got approved!!!!!

I'm not only in the garden but litterally leaving the farm. The only card that I could even want for at this point is the Saks WEMC (no AF). But no need to fret at all. Got to go and polish up the wallet jewelery.

THANKS SO MUCH TO SO MANY on this board. Truly a joint effort!!!!!

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: The Haul!!!

Quite a spree. Sorry about the CSP

but CONGRATS on everything else Smiley Very Happy I'm jealous. 

Message 2 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

BTW. Cut up the Capital One "Platinum" Card with the $750 limit for 3 years now.....

That was actually the best of it all.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

BTW. Cut up the Capital One "Platinum" Card with the $750 limit for 3 years now.....

Ouch! Don't say that near me, they might lower my limit simply for responding to this thread!!! Smiley Tongue 

eh, they served their purpose. No need for them now that you got some real cards Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 28
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

Ouch! Don't say that near me, they might lower my limit simply for responding to this thread!!! Smiley Tongue 

eh, they served their purpose. No need for them now that you got some real cards Smiley Very Happy 

Still holding the HSBC. But that's to keep some AAoA. Another sweetspot are that the two AMEX consumer cards will hit with a date of 1998. The other cards will hit with far greater limits that I'd had previously so once I go through the storm for a month or two, things should be all good again. Hope not to drop out of the 700s despite all the activity? Will See???

Message 6 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

THX. You're VERY close to your goals. Your day of fever will come really really soon. I know it doesn't feel that way...

Message 7 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

Still holding the HSBC. But that's to keep some AAoA. Another sweetspot are that the two AMEX consumer cards will hit with a date of 1998. The other cards will hit with far greater limits that I'd had previously so once I go through the storm for a month or two, things should be all good again. Hope not to drop out of the 700s despite all the activity? Will See???

closing a card won't affect your AAoA, only your utilization. The card stays on your reports for the next 10 years, so if it has an AF and isn't doing anything for you I would just drop it. 

Message 8 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

closing a card won't affect your AAoA, only your utilization. The card stays on your reports for the next 10 years, so if it has an AF and isn't doing anything for you I would just drop it. 

understand... Old cards are like old spouses, hard not to go back, and back, and back...

Message 9 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

That's great, but did you really need two hilton cards? lol i guess if you stay there a lot but still.... haha

and Delta skymiles are pretty terrible card.... worst card with Amex...... switch it to a BCP/BCE imo..... my dad's been playing around with his and we can't get **bleep** for what the advertised rate is. 1 Miles = 1.1 cent value after all the restrictions and impossible to redeem for advertised miles. It's sad we can't even get tickets when we try to plan about a year ahead with the price of miles quoted on their site.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.