cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded 7-10 day message from AMEX- BUT STILL APPROVED RIGHT AWAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dreaded 7-10 day message from AMEX- BUT STILL APPROVED RIGHT AWAY!

Really happy to be making this post. I figured I would have a bit of fun and see what lines of credit I can increase. Currently only have 4 so any little increase helps a ton! I had my AMEX card for 6 months. 2 cards actually. But decided to increase my lowest limit card. It was 2k. I went online, did the whole shabang. Got the dreaded 7-10 day message. My sadness was cut short with a nice 3X CLI as I peered through my account. Exactly what I was looking for. The message isn't so dreadful afterall. It varies from person to person and a manaual check just had to be done. I hope this encourages more people to try their luck and have confidence in their requests. We all get an increase eventually Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: The dreaded 7-10 day message from AMEX- BUT STILL APPROVED RIGHT AWAY!

I received the same message, only to see the original limit had changed to my requested amount. Their system is kinda of wonky sometimes. Congrats on the CLI.
Message 2 of 4
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

I got that dreaded message...and they meant it! Smiley Frustrated But hooray! You beat it! Congrats!Smiley Happy

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amex and Wonky Wonk FactorySmiley Wink Congrats on getting your 3x. I think they like to play with our emotions sometimes lolSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.