cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reigns have been loosened!!!! C1 CLI!!!

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: The reigns have been loosened!!!! C1 CLI!!!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
It was just on my $1300 one... The $1700 cl is an Orchard Acct... Kinda sad my Orchard was higher than my C1 lmao! The good thing now is that if I ever need to, I can get a blank check from C1 and have access to my new large credit line :-) I asked for $7500! But $5000 is a milestone for C1!

Did you get them to remove the AF from your Orchard card?

Message 11 of 29
sybo40
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!  I've only had my cards for a year and I always want to call in on the exec line to ask for a CLI.  THEN, I start thinking that I need to chill and wait to see what happens after next year.  Besides, I'm not sure if they'll look at the year that I've had the card and then do an HP (which I TRULY do not need right now) and deny me.  Besides, there are others who have had their cards much longer (and dealt with cap. one's denials for far longer) than I.  So, I figure one less call from someone who hasn't REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY established that much history makes things a little easier for those that have and truly deserve it after years of frustrations with cap one.  Just my own little corner of the world.  :-)

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

For my AF on my OB Gold of $39... I actually just called the Reg CSR line and asked them to lower it or take it off... I was very nice... the rep agreed to halve it so.. my ONLY AF  LOL... was $19.50 this year. So I guess that's not too bad of a price for an six year + tradeline... haha

Next year, I may just AXE them or get  CLI... I just HATE AFs, even if many cards with AFs do have higher benefits/rewards.

I think if you have a great FICO and have had the card for a year and a half or two years... you should get a CLI, but C1 is just entirely unpredictable. I've LITERALLY submitted a CLI request with the normal reps EVERY month for the past like..... four years... I have an inbox FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of denials on my C1 online messages account. haha

Best wishes :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

CONGRATS!!! I'm happy that it worked out so well for you! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

For my AF on my OB Gold of $39... I actually just called the Reg CSR line and asked them to lower it or take it off... I was very nice... the rep agreed to halve it so.. my ONLY AF  LOL... was $19.50 this year. So I guess that's not too bad of a price for an six year + tradeline... haha

Next year, I may just AXE them or get  CLI... I just HATE AFs, even if many cards with AFs do have higher benefits/rewards.

Not bad at all.  I'd take that.

Now that my Orchard is free, my only AF account is the Zync, and that's 25 bucks.  I'm one of those geeks that actually sits down and figures out how much I would have to spend to make the AF worth it...  And it almost never is.  I'm still trying to ignore the math so I can have a CSP.

I bet in six months or so your options with your OB card will change dramatically.  I just love the idea of changing an old subprime into something nifty.

Message 15 of 29
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Nice one there but how exactly did you contact the exec office?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 16 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

$25 for a pretty Amex isn't bad haha... at least, aesthetically... haha. I love math, but I hate it because the numbers don't lie!!!! ... I almost wish I had gotten the BCP instead of the BCE because I def buy enough groceries, even if just for myself, to gain benefit from that :-) I can't even imagine turning my OB into a more prime account... hmmm... I should work on getting that one higher next... it's incredible to think that getting one of my oldest tradelines to become usable again is POSSIBLE! haha

:-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

email...

ceofirstname.ceolastname@capitalone.com

Message 18 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
Nice one there but how exactly did you contact the exec office?

Click the green card in my siggy, and it takes you to a detailed howto thread.

Message 19 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

$25 for a pretty Amex isn't bad haha... at least, aesthetically... haha. I love math, but I hate it because the numbers don't lie!!!! ... I almost wish I had gotten the BCP instead of the BCE because I def buy enough groceries, even if just for myself, to gain benefit from that :-) I can't even imagine turning my OB into a more prime account... hmmm... I should work on getting that one higher next... it's incredible to think that getting one of my oldest tradelines to become usable again is POSSIBLE! haha

:-)

I know, right?  How cool would it be to have your old low limit subprime card start reporting as a high limit prime card?  

The way I figure is if I close it, for the next ten years anyone who looks at my report can see that I once had bad enough credit to need that card.  If I PC it, that account will look as if I had prime credit going back past 2008.

The truth is, in 2008 I was lucky to qualify for my 300 dollar OB card, with an AF almost 25% of the limit.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.