Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is the day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is the day

I let my credit go down hill when the economy tanked. A year ago I finally got in with Chase with the United Explorer card and then with Penfed with a $6000 limit and 16% apr. But I never could get the 1 card that I really wanted (the Citibank Advantage card) . I also couldn't get in with BOA (Alaska Airlines card) Yesterday I was in Bass Pro and they offered me 10% off for applying for their credit card, which is through BOA. It was approved with $1000 limit. Going to pay it off and close it. This morning I received an email from American Airlines for 50,000 bonus miles with $3000 spend in 3 months. I was feeling like I'll give it a shot for the heck of it. Whats 1 more pull since I already have 13 on my Experian report. So I did it, waited for that message 7 to 10 days. A couple of seconds later BOOM congratulations you are approved with a $6000 limit. Terrible interest rate 23% but I'm a happy happy girl. I have 21% utilization. 687 credit score Experian , not what Experian's website says (657) . 1 collection that is falling off in Feb for $287 and I burned Citibank back in 1998 for $1800 which I still have a wage garnishment but for some reason its not on my report. 1 30 day late which is falling off my report sometime this month.
If it wasn't for all you good people and your good advice and this fantastic website, I would never have been approved for anything, well maybe a Credit One card lol. Thank you so much
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Today is the day

That is awesome!! Congratz on your approval!!!! 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I let my credit go down hill when the economy tanked. A year ago I finally got in with Chase with the United Explorer card and then with Penfed with a $6000 limit and 16% apr. But I never could get the 1 card that I really wanted (the Citibank Advantage card) . I also couldn't get in with BOA (Alaska Airlines card) Yesterday I was in Bass Pro and they offered me 10% off for applying for their credit card, which is through BOA. It was approved with $1000 limit. Going to pay it off and close it. This morning I received an email from American Airlines for 50,000 bonus miles with $3000 spend in 3 months. I was feeling like I'll give it a shot for the heck of it. Whats 1 more pull since I already have 13 on my Experian report. So I did it, waited for that message 7 to 10 days. A couple of seconds later BOOM congratulations you are approved with a $6000 limit. Terrible interest rate 23% but I'm a happy happy girl. I have 21% utilization. 687 credit score Experian , not what Experian's website says (657) . 1 collection that is falling off in Feb for $287 and I burned Citibank back in 1998 for $1800 which I still have a wage garnishment but for some reason its not on my report. 1 30 day late which is falling off my report sometime this month.
If it wasn't for all you good people and your good advice and this fantastic website, I would never have been approved for anything, well maybe a Credit One card lol. Thank you so much

Congratulations on your awesome journey! Those are some great limits! And yes, the advice on the website is invaluable. I have learned alot here as I have sought to rebuild my credit. 

Message 4 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!  Did you burn Chase or BofA before they let you back in?  Regarding Citi, they have recently let in some people who were previously on their BL.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
. A couple of seconds later BOOM congratulations you are approved with a $6000 limit. Terrible interest rate 23% but I'm a happy happy girl. I have 21% utilization. 687 credit score Experian , not what Experian's website says (657) . 1 collection that is falling off in Feb for $287 and I burned Citibank back in 1998 for $1800 which I still have a wage garnishment but for some reason its not on my report. 1 30 day late which is falling off my report sometime this month.
You go girl! That is an awesome starting limit do you have plans on buying $3k in tickets to get that 50K bonus?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I didn't burn Chase or BoA. First card for either of them.
No I don't plan on spending $3k on tickets but I do plan on spending $3k to get the bonus. And I just found out I won a cruise to the Bahamas. I think I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket since today is a good day so far. Lol
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on all your success!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need someone to accompany you? Ill be happy to carry your bags and pretend i am your man servent, lol. Again congrats!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals....and the Bahamas!!!!☺
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.