Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took a chance with AmEX...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took a chance with AmEX...

So, I was bored while at work yesterday. I and decided to check my accounts> This is when I noticed, big cli on 5 of my accounts. This made me jump in my seat. That's when I started thinking about, applying with American Express. The temptation was getting to me. But I was hesitant due to their sort of pickiness. But after a few hrs, I went for it. jumped on their site applied. I had to do some further verification of bank accounts, and work. Seconds later. BOOM!!! Approved!!! for the BCE. Can't really express how happy that made me feel, They pulled my Experian report which is currently at 663. I was shocked didn't think I would qualify. SL is 1,000. Which isn't bad, From what i've read on this forum. They're pretty much generous. 

I would like some opinion if I should wait the "61 days" or for a limit increase when it arrives.  Or wait it out longer. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Took a chance with AmEX...

Some get CLI before activation, I think better chances if you wait though. They are SPs when you try at least
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Debating applying soon. 

what are your other CC limits?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I was hesitant about applying for a long time. I figured I wouldn't qualify. But curiosity made me take a chance. 

Current limits are  Cap 1 quicksilver 3,650 2nd cap 1 quicksilver card 4,250 Target Credit card 1,000 Citi Best Buy MC 1,000 Walmart 1,000.

Message 4 of 6
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Good job!!  And IMO I would wait the 61 days before asking for a CLI.  1k is often borderline with them.  The good news is you are in AND with responsible use that card will grow and grow!!  Good  luck!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

Good job!!  And IMO I would wait the 61 days before asking for a CLI.  1k is often borderline with them.  The good news is you are in AND with responsible use that card will grow and grow!!  Good  luck!

+1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.