Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took the Barclay Bait...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Took the Barclay Bait...

After receiving 2 seperate pre-selected mailers for Barclay's Rewards MasterCard (I purposely let the first one expire b/c I said I'd never have anything to do with them b/c of all the stories I've seen on here of closing accounts on a whim), I decided to finally bite and received a $2500 CL.---a little bit better than I expected them to approve me for actually considering my TU score here on the myFico forum is 659. I was trying to wait until the final days before the offer expired (Dec. 12th) hoping my TU would go back up a little after taking a hit from Verizon for an unpaid balance on my land-line. At one time it was a little over 700. Now just waitng until after Jan. 1st to go for AMEX BCE to get the 2 year back-date to 2013.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Re: Took the Barclay Bait...

Good job!
Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 2 of 11
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Barclays is a great lender to get in good with.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

After receiving 2 seperate pre-selected mailers for Barclay's Rewards MasterCard (I purposely let the first one expire b/c I said I'd never have anything to do with them b/c of all the stories I've seen on here of closing accounts on a whim), I decided to finally bite and received a $2500 CL.---a little bit better than I expected them to approve me for actually considering my TU score here on the myFico forum is 659. I was trying to wait until the final days before the offer expired (Dec. 12th) hoping my TU would go back up a little after taking a hit from Verizon for an unpaid balance on my land-line. At one time it was a little over 700. Now just waitng until after Jan. 1st to go for AMEX BCE to get the 2 year back-date to 2013.

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 11
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for your Barclays Rewards MC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 7 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on taking the bait!
Message 9 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.