cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total GE Girl! From no credit, to crazy GE Luv!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Total GE Girl! From no credit, to crazy GE Luv!

Congrats! Treat GE well and they will do the same. Smiley Happy
Photobucket
Message 11 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Love me some GE

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
But generally speaking...
Crapital One accounts do not grow regularly
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

GE is amaZing!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 24
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!
But generally speaking...
Crapital One accounts do not grow regularly

Well, so far because I'm a newbie to credit I don't mind much. My goal is to just stay with these cards to build and then drop whichever ones are not cooperating with the process and appreciating my tender once I get well into the 700 club. I heard that club is good to you with the primes! Lol! Smiley Wink

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 15 of 24
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:
Congrats! Treat GE well and they will do the same. Smiley Happy

Honestly, I think that's what's happening! I had CareCredit for so long that they felt comfortable with allowing me to have an abundance of cards. I can't wait to see all of these inquiries drop at the same time though. I'm stoked!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 16 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hahaha very true! My Cap One accounts are my lowest still haha but they are like six years old!  They def helped me get the primes though :-) it's almost like there is no end in sight to the amount of credit GE will extend to you with a perfect payment history!!!! Good luck :-)

Message 17 of 24
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Hahaha very true! My Cap One accounts are my lowest still haha but they are like six years old!  They def helped me get the primes though :-) it's almost like there is no end in sight to the amount of credit GE will extend to you with a perfect payment history!!!! Good luck :-)

Cap One is good when you need them, then once you don't need them they treat you bad lol

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 18 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Cap One is good when you need them, then once you don't need them they treat you bad lol

You mean, once you can get no fee cards with rewards?  LOL

Message 19 of 24
swpopham
Established Contributor

you might want to be careful, if you have been here long enough to read, you would see people have opened a ge account and did great with it, went on a ge app spree and apon activation of new cards they closed them all on them. Ill search and find the thread. and re post here. Just saying good luck and be cautious with your spending for awhile. creditors dont like to see you going from 200 a month usage historically speaking to 5x+ normal in one month

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.