Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Visa - Approved

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Toyota Visa - Approved

It's probably the third time I've been offered the Toyota Visa, third year i've owned the Toyota. For the first couple of years, there was no real reason to worry about Toyota repairs with their ToyotaCare program. But, approaching 50k, there are gonna be some repairs soon, so the 5% looked like it was worth applying for. That, and my foreclosure is now getting further in the rear view mirror, with most issuers overlooking it.

It's interesting to see the letter that the scoring model Toyota Financial Savings Bank uses, FICO Classic V3, puts me at 693, compared to the 733 I used to see with FNBO's Experian score.

The limit's low, $1000, and the APR is so high I don't have a penalty APR clause - 22.99%, but for my purpose - Toyota repairs and basically almost nothing else - it'll do just fine.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Toyota Visa - Approved

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!!! You are going to like the card. I have had the card for alost five years. I got it thru pre-approval.

Ron.

Message 3 of 19
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

It's probably the third time I've been offered the Toyota Visa, third year i've owned the Toyota. For the first couple of years, there was no real reason to worry about Toyota repairs with their ToyotaCare program. But, approaching 50k, there are gonna be some repairs soon, so the 5% looked like it was worth applying for. That, and my foreclosure is now getting further in the rear view mirror, with most issuers overlooking it.

It's interesting to see the letter that the scoring model Toyota Financial Savings Bank uses, FICO Classic V3, puts me at 693, compared to the 733 I used to see with FNBO's Experian score.

The limit's low, $1000, and the APR is so high I don't have a penalty APR clause - 22.99%, but for my purpose - Toyota repairs and basically almost nothing else - it'll do just fine.

Who did they pull? 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 4 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 5 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Toyota pulled Experian that I know of. I have noticed a couple of other lenders (FNBO) will SP other bureaus as they see fit as well.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 19
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the new Visa card!

Message 9 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They have a Visa card?? I googled it and didn't see anything! Congrats btwSmiley Happy is it an invitation only?
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.