New Contributor

Trifecta complete!

Apped and was approved for CSP yesterday. Bought a $200 coupon for opening a checking account on e-bay and got that today, so I just opened a checking account. I've had the Freedom for about 2 years now.

Interesting side note: I asked to make sure I was enrolled in the Exclusives program (for 10/10 with Freedom), and casually mentioned that I heard it was being discontinued. The woman who was setting up my account was surprised I had heard about it, saying "I thought that was a secret among Chase employees," and said it was actually being changed so that instead of being tallied monthly, it would be tallied once/year like the CSP dividend points.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Established Contributor

Awesome on the Trifecta.  Now you just need an Ink! card...

Awesome on the Trifecta.  Now you just need an Ink! card for the quadrafecta! 

New Contributor

Re: Awesome on the Trifecta. Now you just need an Ink! card...

Does the Ink I have as an employee card for the company I work for count? :smileywink:

Contributor

Re: Trifecta complete!

Omri wrote:

Apped and was approved for CSP yesterday. Bought a $200 coupon for opening a checking account on e-bay and got that today, so I just opened a checking account. I've had the Freedom for about 2 years now.

Interesting side note: I asked to make sure I was enrolled in the Exclusives program (for 10/10 with Freedom), and casually mentioned that I heard it was being discontinued. The woman who was setting up my account was surprised I had heard about it, saying "I thought that was a secret among Chase employees," and said it was actually being changed so that instead of being tallied monthly, it would be tallied once/year like the CSP dividend points.

What exactly are the reprecussions of it being tallied Yearly vs Monthly? Is this change going to affect both old & new Freedom card holders?

I'm debating on applying now or waiting for a better offer, so this is very important to me!

IT (11500 CL), Freedom (5000 CL), Zync (500 CL), PFCU (500 CL)

Starting Score: 699 EQ (4/11/12)
Current Score: 761 EQ (8/15/12)
Goal Score: 800+ EQ
Established Contributor

Congrats

New Contributor

The amount is exactly the same, so it shouldn't be a big deal, unless you need those bonus points sooner to meet a certain rewards threshhold to use on, for example, transferring for airline miles. I think it will only affect new ones, but I'm not positive.

Valued Contributor

Grats!

I want to be a tripod but I'm stuck at being a bipod for at least 6 more months :smileysad:

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Duncanrr wrote:

Grats!

I want to be a tripod but I'm stuck at being a bipod for at least 6 more months :smileysad:

Me too :/

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Established Contributor

Duncanrr wrote:

Grats!

Should help:

Valued Contributor

djrez4 wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:

Grats!

Should help:

It took me a second to get the joke :smileyhappy:  Only problem is that I cant hear now.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.