cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try Amex 3x CLI now, or wait for payment to post?

tag
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Try Amex 3x CLI now, or wait for payment to post?

Approved for 2k on 10/16...Did a balance transfer ($317, will bring my accoutn to $0 balance) to my NFCU credit card last week but the payment hasnt posted to my Amex account yet. I am impatient!!! I want to request the CLI to 6k but not sure if I should wait till my payment post. Will it make a difference for CLI approval or not?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Try Amex 3x CLI now, or wait for payment to post?

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Approved for 2k on 10/16...Did a balance transfer ($317, will bring my accoutn to $0 balance) to my NFCU credit card last week but the payment hasnt posted to my Amex account yet. I am impatient!!! I want to request the CLI to 6k but not sure if I should wait till my payment post. Will it make a difference for CLI approval or not?

I was approved with a balance of about $300, but my CL was also $5,000. How much money have you ran through the card in the past few months?

Also...I app'd and was approved the same day you were. Weird. lol Smiley Wink

I went from $5,000 to $14,000

Message 2 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Non of that really matters. remember amex has a internal limit on you. if your days are here. i would do it now. balance or not. people try and over anylize things. either you get it or not. me my self. i just got my cli 3x. 10days. ago. had 800 dollar balance too. no where near to pay it. went from 3500 to 10500. no problem. took all of 10 seconds. so just get your increase. as it will nt make a difference wheter it post or not. your small balance. good luck

Message 3 of 10
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Had a couple glasses of wine.....Got a little confidence becasue of your post and requested CLI...Instant 3x CLI to 6k!! Thanks again!!!

Message 4 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats on increase. always take things with a grain of salt here. people always so worried. good you got your increase. Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 10
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Thanks! Had a couple glasses of wine.....Got a little confidence becasue of your post and requested CLI...Instant 3x CLI to 6k!! Thanks again!!!

Congrats! Always take the stuff you read on here related to these issues with a grain of salt I say. Some of it's really overblown quite honestly. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

congrats

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great CLI, congrats on your approval

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.