Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE (30 Oct): Been Quiet Lately

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

UPDATE (30 Oct): Been Quiet Lately

Haven't posted much lately with only limited time to access or read the site lately, but did apply for a couple of cards on my list.  The last time I applied for anything was the day after New Years, so I was approaching 8 months when I caved.  Had some college alumni events coming up and after receiving a pre-approval letter from USAA decided to take advantage and was instantly approved (EQ pull) for an Association of Graduates AMEX, $10.5K CL, 12.9% APR (0% for 12 mos intro rate), on the 31st of Jul.  The card offers 2x points for gas and grocery, plus 1x point for everything else and the school gets a percentage, so it felt like a good thing. 

Have wanted to focus on my business credit recently and following the USAA success applied for the AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business and again was instantly approved (EX pull) for $9.5K.  Waited for the card to arrive and asked for a CLI to $17.5K and that was approved with no counter (should've asked for more, but that's okay) - I'll post more about that in the Business Credit section. 

Have also received 2 CLIs from Discover for $500 each bringing that CL to $32.5K and a $2.2K CL on my Citibank Double Cash VISA bringing that CL to $28.2K.

Did my best to not succomb to the Blispay hysteria and was successful for a long time.  Really thought I might get denied for too much available credit or some nonsense and was not disappointed.  Denied for "UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENTITY" which did not make me very happy.  Called in to find out what they needed to be able to verify me, answered the security questions and was still told could not verify.  Talked with a CSR and was put on hold for several minutes and when she returned she told me that I needed to provide a copy of my utility bills and driver's license with my address on it.  Okay, no big deal on the utility bills, but my driver's license has my home of record  address on it not my current residence.  She said she understood and I asked if providing my military ID would be appropriate and she said okay.  Two days later faxed in my phone, electric, home security bills along with my ID and had to wait days (24 to be exact) for them to respond that they still couldn't verify my identity and that since it had been 30 days since my initial application I would have to apply again.  Told them no thanks and wanted the inquiry removed since they couldn't verify me.  Was told it would take 7-10 days to find out if they could do that and 5 days later received a welcome letter for a $10K CL.  Have debated about calling to close it because of the frustration, but will give it a few more days.

Finally, applied for the Chase Marriott Premier Business card and still waiting for a decision on that one.

All scores over 800 with 12 INQs - EQ, 10 INQs - EX, and 7 INQs - TU (single digits across all three by the end of the year).  For now, back to the garden.  Sorry for the long post.

UPDATE:  This morning the Chase robot lady told me something different when I called.  She said, "Thank you for applying.  Your application is under review.  You will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days of our decision."  Is that good or bad?  All my previous applications were instant approvals.  Should I have been hoping for 2 weeks instead of 7-10 days?

UPDATE (30 Oct):  Well, I thought the Blispay account process took a long time.  After 52 days finally a decision on the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business card.  And guess what, it was approved.  When the app reached 30 days I called a backdoor number and spoke with a CSR and was told they couldn't verify my business and I needed to send in something with the busines name and address on it.  Told them that I had my SS-4, but asked it would be a problem that it had a different address (have moved since the SS-4 and am still updating the business information) than the application.  Was told no and that they only needed to verify 2 of 3 pieces of information and once they verified the business it looked great for an approval.  I said okay and went about faxing the document to them.  Continued to wait and when the app went beyond 30 days thought something was despreately wrong.  Called in again (was a little skeptical) and found they couldn't verify the business because of the address.  After answering some verification questions, they were able to use the old address and told me I would receive either a letter or a card in the next 1-2 weeks.  The next afternoon received an e-mail letting me know that I was approved for $15k.  Glad it worked out, but what a long time coming.  Thought they might pull another credit report which would have truly upset me.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Been Quiet Lately

Wow! congrats on all of your success!. Never apologize for your long post, its your story and sometimes takes a bit haha! But always worth reading if it can help someone. Again great jobSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Cograts on your Approvals!  Made up for lost timeSmiley Happy.

W/regards to blispay.. That is how I finally ended up getting over the unable to identity identity crud.  Asked for them to remove inquiry since obviously I am not who I say I am thus the inqruiry is infact not mine as well.  Long story short approved within a few days after I threw that logic at them.  Enjoy the card, although enjoyed it more when it was hidden.  Still probably the best 2% card out their for short term 0% financing.  They made me very mad, but it all worked out in the end..  BBVA on the other hand at least I got them to remove the inquiry with same situation.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Fantastic job BigBS!! 😃 Good luck on your Marriott app. I'm sure you will get another fat approval!
Message 5 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow! congrats on all of your success!. Never apologize for your long post, its your story and sometimes takes a bit haha! But always worth reading if it can help someone. Again great jobSmiley Happy

Thanks, Average Joe. Absolutely hope it helps someone.

Message 6 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Thanks, CC. I knew I had heard that approach somewher, but searched many Blispay threads without finding it again. What's funny is that when talking to a supervisor she told me I was just angry that I wasn't approved and the only thing that would make me feel better is ifthey did approve me. I had to tell her she was very much mistaken. I wanted the card, but havebeen turned down many times before and all I wanted was a justifiable reason for declining me.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Cograts on your Approvals!  Made up for lost timeSmiley Happy.

W/regards to blispay.. That is how I finally ended up getting over the unable to identity identity crud.  Asked for them to remove inquiry since obviously I am not who I say I am thus the inqruiry is infact not mine as well.  Long story short approved within a few days after I threw that logic at them.  Enjoy the card, although enjoyed it more when it was hidden.  Still probably the best 2% card out their for short term 0% financing.  They made me very mad, but it all worked out in the end..  BBVA on the other hand at least I got them to remove the inquiry with same situation.

Message 7 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks, CMSA.

Message 8 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Fantastic job BigBS!! 😃 Good luck on your Marriott app. I'm sure you will get another fat approval!

Thanks, Baller. Still get the 30 day message from Chase. Wanted the ink plus, but am way over 5/24.

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on blispay.. considering the hassle it took to get it might as well keep it!
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.