cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE APPROVED! not yet approved :/ for UNITED MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER!

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

UPDATE APPROVED! not yet approved :/ for UNITED MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER!

Even though within the past 2 weeks I've gotten 4 (now five after this one) new cards including the CSP, I decided to be an idiot and let my score go down even further for more inquires and new accounts, so the TLs will age with each other and the HPs will fall off at the same time

I got the 10-30 day message, called the recon backdoor number and was told it was approved! and that its just pending because they're verifying information

pretty excited! now I'll have free nights at the Hyatt from CSP and a combination of mileageplus miles i already have and the bonus miles I have enough for 2 roundtrip tickets!

now to watch as my new accounts report and my scores go now, and a possible FR from amex, but I figured wth, Ive only had amex since january 2011, not the end of the world if they do FR me and close my accounts, but I doubt they will, I will not be carrying any balances on my new cards

UPDATE

so I just called into to see if it was done pending and was told even though I was told it was approved that it actually wasnt and that they need my 2 most recent paystubs before they can approve me Smiley Sad luckily I put 35k for income and so far this year I'm actually on track to make more than that, so I'm hoping it shouldnt be a problem

still suck because if I fax it in on friday when I get my next check, I have to wait until the middle of next week for an answer 

second update:called recon again today and go the approval for 2k and took 500 from my freedom CL

fico 747
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got Approved for UNITED MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER!

Congrats on the approval. I don't think you'll have a problem with Amex.
Message 2 of 21
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

congrats

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 21
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on the approval. I don't think you'll have a problem with Amex.

Hopefully not, my available credit did go from 8100 to 34500, but I have had no missed payments or anything in the past 2 years and I wont be keeping balances so I hope I am fine!

fico 747
Message 4 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 21
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 6 of 21
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

not yet approved I guess, they shouldnt have told me I was if I wasnt Smiley Sad hopefully they dont take long to look at my fax!

fico 747
Message 7 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: not yet approved :/ for UNITED MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER!

Grats in advance Smiley Tongue
Do you know what's your limit yet?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 21
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: not yet approved :/ for UNITED MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER!

@enharu wrote:
Grats in advance Smiley Tongue
Do you know what's your limit yet?

well, I was told I was getting the VS with 5 grand limit this morning, but when I just called I was told I will probably get the 5k but it could be as low as 2k on a platium visa instead, if they dont like what they see when I send them my paystubs, which they may not, considering I didnt lie, but what I put is a little misleading, I put Air National Guard Down as my employer, which they are, but only like 2500 a year and then I make like 36000-40000 at my real job, but my real job is 1099, so hopefully when they see that its 1099 paystubs they dont care!

I plan on giving them my 2 most recent paystubs from my regular job which are 1400ish for 2 weeks and my two most recent paystubs from the guard which is just like175 after deductions once a month

so its comes out to more than 35k so hopefully they will accept it!

fico 747
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.