Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Am I "back in" with Synchrony??? & AMEX Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Am I "back in" with Synchrony??? & AMEX Approval

UPDATE:  I answered my own question...I'm back in!  I couldn't resist...I applied again for the QCard and the JCP card after being denied LAST MONTH for QVC and in June for JCP.  Nothing has really changed on my report since the app, because my new accounts haven't reported with the exception of my NFCU car refinance and NFCU cash rewards card.  My score only increase by one point.  Confused, but I'll take it.  I got the two cards that I've been yearning for.  I am treating Synchrony like Gold.  This is one bridge I will not burn again!!!!

Also...forgot to add that I accepted an Overstock pre-approval the other weekend.  Time to rest, grow and hit the luv button!

I know, I know...I'm supposed to be gardening.  But...I couldn't help it. Smiley Embarassed  So, I need to get a small procedure done that's not covered by my insurance.  Figured I'd try my luck at Synchrony again (Care Credit) just to see if they would say yes, even though my report hasn't changed much AND they hate me. (I currently have two unpaid COs showing on my report - Walmart & Lowe's that are 5 years old). Since then, EVERYTIME I apply for a card backed by Synchrony, they deny me. But, for Care Credit, I was instantly approved for the $500 that I asked for.

Question...Is this a separate division of Synchrony Bank, because it's a health card? Or, am I truly "back in"? I understand that the underwriting criteria may be a little more loose than their other cards, since it is a health card. (FYI...I'm really interested in their JCP Card & their QVC Card, because I shop those stores almost every month, but never get to reap the credit benefits).

Also, I built on my AMEX relationship last weekend with a Green Card Approval. Another FYI...it is very true that "YMMV" about the AMEX hard pull for current members.  I went for the Plenti Card and was denied and still received a hard pull on my report.

Still an exciting day for me (that is if...I'm truly "back in" with Synchrony)!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Re: Am I "back in" with Synchrony??? & AMEX Approval

Congrats on your Synchrony and AMEX approval. I was wondering what your scores were and if you went for the two cards based on the pre-approval site?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, I know...I'm supposed to be gardening.  But...I couldn't help it. Smiley Embarassed  So, I need to get a small procedure done that's not covered by my insurance.  Figured I'd try my luck at Synchrony again (Care Credit) just to see if they would say yes, even though my report hasn't changed much AND they hate me. (I currently have two unpaid COs showing on my report - Walmart & Lowe's that are 5 years old). Since then, EVERYTIME I apply for a card backed by Synchrony, they deny me. But, for Care Credit, I was instantly approved for the $500 that I asked for.

Question...Is this a separate division of Synchrony Bank, because it's a health card? Or, am I truly "back in"? I understand that the underwriting criteria may be a little more loose than their other cards, since it is a health card. (FYI...I'm really interested in their JCP Card & their QVC Card, because I shop those stores almost every month, but never get to reap the credit benefits).

Also, I built on my AMEX relationship last weekend with a Green Card Approval. Another FYI...it is very true that "YMMV" about the AMEX hard pull for current members.  I went for the Plenti Card and was denied and still received a hard pull on my report.

Still an exciting day for me (that is if...I'm truly "back in" with Synchrony)!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I "back in" with Synchrony??? & AMEX Approval

@NICKI183 wrote:

Congrats on your Synchrony and AMEX approval. I was wondering what your scores were and if you went for the two cards based on the pre-approval site?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Nicki,

I was approved for the BCE almost 45 days ago and applied based on a pre-qualification from CardMatch. I was denied for the Gold Card when I apped for the BCE, so I decided to try for the Green after making my first PIF payment. Both apps went into "in progress" status before being approved. I have a separate post with BCE data points.

Today, Synchrony pulled TU - 637 and Amex pulled EX - 667 two weeks ago.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE: Am I "back in" with Synchrony??? & AMEX Approval

Congrats! I have both QVC and JCP. I use JCP a lot because of the rewards. They build up fast.

The Qcard, I've wanted for years, but always denied. I tried 4 other times, until finally getting in last November. SL was only $400. But, you know.... I was a happy camper. My TU score at the time was only 640.

Now my TU scores have fluctuated between 650-700 the past year, because of new accounts. But, I managed to get my Qcard to $3500, and JCP to $5000 (from a SL of $500). They will definitely grow for you.

Good luck!!😊
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.