cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Barclays wanted Drivers Lic / Soc Sec Copies.. Escalated to Execs and Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dont APPLY to Barclays!!! Wanted Soc Sec Card & Drivers Lic via Physical Mail

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

a Copy is basically the same thing as sending in the Card.. They got all your info.. Even if they did approve me for $2,000, Its not worth the risk of identity theft..

FAXING is completely different from the Mail. When you fax that line can easily be traced to a location.. and they can zero in on who commits the fraud.. In the case of Mail.. I mean how hard do you think it could really be.. That's just too easy... I can see maybe 1 of 2, but BOTH????

Identity theft written all over that one... Anyone reading this post could easily target all envelopes to the P.O. Box address on the Barclays website..

Filing the compliants with BBB, CFPB, and AG's office would just put them on blast even if they do have the right.. That's all i was looking to do there.

Don't file a complaint you're just going to wait 15 days of your life.  Take it from me you're not going to lie the response you're going to get. 

Oh, you mean...

Message 31 of 70
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Dont APPLY to Barclays!!! Wanted Soc Sec Card & Drivers Lic via Physical Mail

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

a Copy is basically the same thing as sending in the Card.. They got all your info.. Even if they did approve me for $2,000, Its not worth the risk of identity theft..

FAXING is completely different from the Mail. When you fax that line can easily be traced to a location.. and they can zero in on who commits the fraud.. In the case of Mail.. I mean how hard do you think it could really be.. That's just too easy... I can see maybe 1 of 2, but BOTH????

Identity theft written all over that one... Anyone reading this post could easily target all envelopes to the P.O. Box address on the Barclays website..

Filing the compliants with BBB, CFPB, and AG's office would just put them on blast even if they do have the right.. That's all i was looking to do there.

Don't file a complaint you're just going to wait 15 days of your life.  Take it from me you're not going to like the response you're going to get. 

Oh, you mean...

LMAO!!!!!! YES  that's it. 

Message 32 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

while I understand the annoyance of having to mail in a copy of social and DL, I don't think it's something you have to file complaints to whatever places you listed. If they request those, I would just decline to do so and move on, it's not like you really needed the card anyway, you weren't even going to use it and only keep it as utilization padding. I would huff and puff if it's a card that i really wanted, and they wanted verification plus blood of my first born.

Message 33 of 70
willwar14
Valued Contributor

My dad is in the process of this now, they only accept verification via mail, I sent his via certified mail and everything, so I don't see what everyone's problem is?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 34 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

My dad is in the process of this now, they only accept verification via mail, I sent his via certified mail and everything, so I don't see what everyone's problem is?

only problem i have with mailing in the information is, it takes longer time, when I can just scan the documentations I need and email them within few min.

Message 35 of 70
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I get it if your in a rush and want the card now, thats completely understandable but after reading all the posts I don't get the BBB complaints and all that stuff, I mean its a bit annoying but its a part of life. 

Message 36 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything's gotta be now, now, now. Anyone remember when you still had to fill out paper application and if you were lucky you heard back either declined or got a nice piece of plastic in the mail. And rewards? Those were a new thing.. The consumer market for revolving credit has changed so much, Incredible that I can apply for a card and have it in hand before the end of the week!

Message 37 of 70
willwar14
Valued Contributor

OMG, the lady who watches my brother gets mailers from discover and cap one, and thats how shes got her cards, by filling out a paper app and mailing it in omg (shes 70 yrs old).. snail mail.

Message 38 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. And to think I get tired of watching the little circle spin for 10 seconds waiting for an instant decision. Why is it called instant if it takes 10 seconds.
Message 39 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody needs to chill and remember to be polite and respectful. Many of you disagree with OP's opinion and anger, which does not mean that OP doesn't have the right to be angry about it. OP was trying to report behavior he found objectionable, which is something we want to encourage here, even where we disagree with it.

Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.