cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATED] 3 for 3, first mini-app spree...

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

[UPDATED] 3 for 3, first mini-app spree...

My trigger finger went off, I couldn't help it, sorry but at least I could tell you my itch is gone now, thank God. So anyway, I applied for the Walmart Card (Got the basic CC not the discover) $500 Limit, and then I apped for the AMEX Gold NPSL (instantly approved). However, I wanted to try my luck and apply for the AMEX Delta Gold card, and I got this following message:

"Thank you for applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. 
Thank you for applying."

That response doesn't look good to me, any ways and/or chance in hell to turn it into an approval?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 out of 3; AMEX Reconning Possible?

Just wait and see.

If you do get declined they will give you their reason, maybe it is something you can easily address and re apply.   

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I probably was borderline.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 3 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

The good news your in with amex so if you don't get delta this time your chances are much higher next time.

Congrats on your approvals

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Thank you kind sir. It is good news indeed. Despite the fact that I got triple pulled, but it's all good.

Message 5 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

The good news about being in the AMEX family denials are SP's approvals are HP's so its a win win situation....your in great shape 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

have you tried checking the application status on their website?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: [UPDATED] 3 for 3, first mini-app spree...

@WarJar101 wrote:

My trigger finger went off, I couldn't help it, sorry but at least I could tell you my itch is gone now, thank God. So anyway, I applied for the Walmart Card (Got the basic CC not the discover) $500 Limit, and then I apped for the AMEX Gold NPSL (instantly approved). However, I wanted to try my luck and apply for the AMEX Delta Gold card, and I got this following message:

"Thank you for applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. 
Thank you for applying."

That response doesn't look good to me, any ways and/or chance in hell to turn it into an approval?

Crack it back its back its gone....Congrats it a 3 run homer bottom of the ninth.....

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I completely forgot about the application status webpage AMEX has, I just checked it and it said I got the AMEX PRG and AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles!!! Awesome!!  Hopefully, I'll be able to PC to the AMEX BCE after six months. What do you guys think? 

I'm not sure what the limit is yet, if anyone knows a way to find out ahead time let me know. I'd appreciate it.

On another note, I need a new wallet....the one have currently is looking a bit jacked. That's next on my list. Lol.

Message 9 of 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

I completely forgot about the application status webpage AMEX has, I just checked it and it said I got the AMEX PRG and AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles!!! Awesome!!  Hopefully, I'll be able to PC to the AMEX BCE after six months. What do you guys think? 

I'm not sure what the limit is yet, if anyone knows a way to find out ahead time let me know. I'd appreciate it.

On another note, I need a new wallet....the one have currently is looking a bit jacked. That's next on my list. Lol.

well BIG Congrats!!!! I hope one day i can join the AMEX family (tried last August and no dice).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.