Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: NFCU Recon Success!!!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Should I Recon NFCU??

@PrettyNPink wrote:

The baddies are there to stay for now. 2 are expected to fall off next year. They are all paid and closed accounts. I tried sending GW letters but no success. Not sure what you mean by how dI'd I get my prime cards? Some I applied for and others solicited me. Yes, I can explain how I got the baddies. My credit history since the baddies have been immaculate. I think I will call and plead my case.

I would call them if I were you. Baddies from 2008 seems old enough. Depending on your existing debt, income, they might push you between 3-5 hopefully

Message 11 of 23
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

How did you get the 5 primes...did you recon or was it instant approval. If you dont mind me asking which prime ccs do you have?...most Prime lenders are picky and with 5 baddies I was wondering.

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 12 of 23
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom, CSP, CU Visa, Chase Southwest Premier and Nordstrom. Only did recon for the Southwest Card. My baddies are old, paid in full and closed accounts. I agree, some lenders are picky about that. 

Message 13 of 23
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

was it an instant approval or a 3-5 day decision. I believe that will make the bigest diff for you. Though I must say my wife and I both asked for and received an increase before our 1st statements cut. 3k, and 1k respectively.  You could just go that route......

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 14 of 23
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

i just called to recon. Will let you guys know the outcome. I joined last night and applied last night after I was pre-select for the cash rewards card. The rep said because I was a brand new member, it was likely that I would not get an instant approval which she was correct. Today I received a text message notifying me of my approval. 

Message 15 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

i just called to recon. Will let you guys know the outcome. I joined last night and applied last night after I was pre-select for the cash rewards card. The rep said because I was a brand new member, it was likely that I would not get an instant approval which she was correct. Today I received a text message notifying me of my approval. 

Doesn't sound to me as though you would have much problem with a recon if you're willing to submit docs etc.  If  you're willing to bank there, even better.  They haven't got a feel for  you yet as a customer, once they get to know you through docs or time, I doubt you'll have too much problem getting a CLI on your card.

[EDIT]:  I have to add, next day approval with NFCU is almost like an instant decision.   That could be why the lower than expected limit.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

The baddies are there to stay for now. 2 are expected to fall off next year. They are all paid and closed accounts. I tried sending GW letters but no success. Not sure what you mean by how dI'd I get my prime cards? Some I applied for and others solicited me. Yes, I can explain how I got the baddies. My credit history since the baddies have been immaculate. I think I will call and plead my case.

I would definitely call/message them, especially since they are paid. NFCU is super friendly.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 17 of 23
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

chances are they are going to HP you again.  I know you listed fakos and one fico score.  what is your eq fico score?  nfcu uses the same exact model sold here so thats a plus.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 18 of 23
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jonmartin wrote:

How do you even recon navy federal?

You call them and plead your case just like any other creditor. They are generally very flexible.

Not exactly.  True they are very flexible however doing a recon isnt like calling for example barclays or chase.  You dont speak one on one with an analyst.  However like others have mentioned, sending a simple message asking them to consider a higher limit or whatever your case may be seems to do the trick

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 19 of 23
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Logged in this morning to see the limit on my cash rewards visa is now $5k!! Thank you guys for all the input! Although I wanted more based on show generous everyone says NFCU is, I'll be patient and wait. Hopefully I can get a CLI rather soon. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.