Valued Member

Re: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

UPDATE: I just checked my account on Capital One's website and found they had raised my limit to $5,000 from $750.

I did recieve a call or two from random phone numbers this past week, but didn't pick up because I was at work (I never pick up for unknown numbers). So, I don't know if it was one of the reps calling to notify me, or not. However, when I looked today, it was increased to $5,000.

When she first asked, I told the rep I'd like $7,500. Then, when she asked what my min would be, I gave her my (then current) credit limit on my Discover card, which was $5,000. I'm assumming they just looked up what my current max was, and matched it (thus the $5,000).

It's a decent gain. I will finally start using their card now.

Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

Do not listen to astritaho1979's advice.   While Capital One is known as a company you can rebuild with, it also has prime products you need excellent credit for.  With the kind of credit limit increase you got, you have no worries.  As far as your Chase, wait until your new limit with Discover reports, then you can call in to see if they will match it.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Valued Member

Re: UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

kimmiller112 wrote:

Do not listen to astritaho1979's advice.   While Capital One is known as a company you can rebuild with, it also has prime products you need excellent credit for.  With the kind of credit limit increase you got, you have no worries.  As far as your Chase, wait until your new limit with Discover reports, then you can call in to see if they will match it.

Yup, that's what I plan on doing!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.