cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways - pending (approved by moving CL)

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

US Airways - pending (approved by moving CL)

I thought I might be pushing it a bit with this application but wanted to get in before the merger with AA. I got the following message:

Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

What should I do? Call them and offer to move some of the CL from my Arrival?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: US Airways - pending

As a last resort offer to move some of your limit. Call analyst now though. They made just need to verify a few things. I just got this card last night. Good luck!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

I thought I might be pushing it a bit with this application but wanted to get in before the merger with AA. I got the following message:

Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

Why not. Give it a shot.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly the message I received.  They only needed to verify identity

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

Did you go to the website to check " Application Status" , you can also call them and see.

Message 5 of 25
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Called them. It was approved but I had no option but to move 5k of my Arrival line to the new product. Pretty painful really. No additional credit granted. So my Arrival is now only 12.2k. I will have to pay off the balance I'm carrying on that this month otherwise it'll kill my utilization. Hopefully with continued spending on the Arrival I'll be able to get a CLI back up to near what it was - I'm just happy to have the US Airways card ahead of the changes that are coming, I never thought it would be pretty as I wasn't optimized to app.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 6 of 25
djshifted
Regular Contributor

What's going to happen with the card after the merger?  I have a decent reputation with Barclay and I may be able to move some of my CL over if nothing else (I just opened NFL Visa a few days ago so I'm not holding my breath for an approval).

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djshifted wrote:

What's going to happen with the card after the merger?  I have a decent reputation with Barclay and I may be able to move some of my CL over if nothing else (I just opened NFL Visa a few days ago so I'm not holding my breath for an approval).

Aviator Silver. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 25
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Hmmm, sounds as if I may have to give it a try.  I applied for the NFL card Saturday.  Will they use the same credit pull for that or a new Hard Pull?

Edit:

I put in my application and it is showing as pending.  I will give it about an hour and give them a call.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 9 of 25
CreditJim
Established Contributor

That's the reason I had to apply, even though I wasn't primed for any apps. I wanted those 50K miles which will transfer into my AA account next year, and I also liked the sound of the Barclays AA offerings, so wanted to at least have the option to be grandfathered in before they can't take any more applications for it. I prefer Barclays in general to Citi, so would be quite happy to have a Barclays AA card and close my last account with Citi when the AF comes up.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.