cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways - pending (approved by moving CL)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways - pending

@djshifted wrote:

Hmmm, sounds as if I may have to give it a try.  I applied for the NFL card Saturday.  Will they use the same credit pull for that or a new Hard Pull?

Edit:

I put in my application and it is showing as pending.  I will give it about an hour and give them a call.

I don't like the sound of that. It may be a decline due to recent app.

Message 11 of 25
djshifted
Regular Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

That's the reason I had to apply, even though I wasn't primed for any apps. I wanted those 50K miles which will transfer into my AA account next year, and I also liked the sound of the Barclays AA offerings, so wanted to at least have the option to be grandfathered in before they can't take any more applications for it. I prefer Barclays in general to Citi, so would be quite happy to have a Barclays AA card and close my last account with Citi when the AF comes up.

I don't have a mileage account yet, though I've been looking at getting one.  Seeing the 50,000 mile offer and what it is going to I decided to give it a shot even though I wasn't ready for it  So far Barclays has been good to me and I don't have any regrets with their cards so far (the interest rate is meh, but beggars cannot be choosers).  I had the same result as you;  I called, answered a lot of questions (again), and was informed, after they praised my account management thus far, that with the baddies on my report they didn't feel comfortable extending further credit ($7,500 total between the two cards, up from $1,300 on a single card at the beginning of last month) until I have more experience with my current credit limits.  I asked her to transfer half ($2,500) of the credit limit from my Rewards MC to the U.S. Airways Premier World MC and she was able to do that for me and it's now showing in my online account.

Sorry CreditJim, didn't mean to threadjack.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djshifted wrote:

@CreditJim wrote:

That's the reason I had to apply, even though I wasn't primed for any apps. I wanted those 50K miles which will transfer into my AA account next year, and I also liked the sound of the Barclays AA offerings, so wanted to at least have the option to be grandfathered in before they can't take any more applications for it. I prefer Barclays in general to Citi, so would be quite happy to have a Barclays AA card and close my last account with Citi when the AF comes up.

I don't have a mileage account yet, though I've been looking at getting one.  Seeing the 50,000 mile offer and what it is going to I decided to give it a shot even though I wasn't ready for it  So far Barclays has been good to me and I don't have any regrets with their cards so far (the interest rate is meh, but beggars cannot be choosers).  I had the same result as you;  I called, answered a lot of questions (again), and was informed, after they praised my account management thus far, that with the baddies on my report they didn't feel comfortable extending further credit ($7,500 total between the two cards, up from $1,300 on a single card at the beginning of last month) until I have more experience with my current credit limits.  I asked her to transfer half ($2,500) of the credit limit from my Rewards MC to the U.S. Airways Premier World MC and she was able to do that for me and it's now showing in my online account.

Awesome!

Message 13 of 25
CreditJim
Established Contributor

djshifted wrote:

CreditJim wrote:

No problem. Glad you got it! I didn't have a US mileage account either, so I just left it blank and it's already created me one. They also praised my handling of credit except for one baddie - a charge off from 2008 (should be falling off any day now - actually should have already fallen off). Hoping to get score bump when that goes. Barclays have asked about that same baddie every time I've called. She said I could have transferred less but it would not have been a World MasterCard. In hindsight I wish I'd just moved over the $2.2k that was originally from my Apple card and left the Arrival at 15k, as the World benefits really don't mean anything. I suppose I could ask to move the CLs when the card arrives, once I've got the World in hand. Pretty pointless thing to have worried about in hindsight, especially as the product will likely be changing next year anyway.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@djshifted wrote:

What's going to happen with the card after the merger?  I have a decent reputation with Barclay and I may be able to move some of my CL over if nothing else (I just opened NFL Visa a few days ago so I'm not holding my breath for an approval).

Aviator Silver. Smiley Very Happy

In that article he made it sound like you could apply for the card without being invited.  Is that the case?

Message 15 of 25
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I don't recall if the lady on the phone informed me if I was going to be getting the non-World card or not, though I checked it and it's not.  What do I miss out on wihtout the World MasterCard (not that I could have transfered enough without closing my Rewards MC)?

Yeah, I've noticed they ask the same questions each time.  This time they did ask me if I was paying, had disputed, or planned on paying on my charge-offs/collections (I have quite a few, though all are 4+ years old), and the fact that I wasn't is part of why they wouldn't extend additional credit.  She did let me know that they would rather see me charge near to the limit of my line and show that I can pay it off over time instead of never carrying a balance, so I have to find the right balance of util to make everyone happy it sounds like.  I plan on gardening after this, unless something spectacular shows up.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djshifted wrote:

Thanks!  I don't recall if the lady on the phone informed me if I was going to be getting the non-World card or not, though I checked it and it's not.  What do I miss out on wihtout the World MasterCard (not that I could have transfered enough without closing my Rewards MC)?

Yeah, I've noticed they ask the same questions each time.  This time they did ask me if I was paying, had disputed, or planned on paying on my charge-offs/collections (I have quite a few, though all are 4+ years old), and the fact that I wasn't is part of why they wouldn't extend additional credit.  She did let me know that they would rather see me charge near to the limit of my line and show that I can pay it off over time instead of never carrying a balance, so I have to find the right balance of util to make everyone happy it sounds like.  I plan on gardening after this, unless something spectacular shows up.

Not a lot. There seems to be some confusion as to Barclay's and WMC and PMC. One email says World, One doesn't. Approval page says World, Account page doesn't.. I don't know what to think!

Message 17 of 25
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@djshifted wrote:

The lady said to me it had to be at least $5k to get the World version - but in practise there doesn't seem to be any real tangiable benefits between the Platinum, World and World Elite and I've used them all extensively, and I travel a lot. I can't think of one example where having the more 'elite' MasterCard has made any difference at all, hence why I'm now questioning myself about why I bothered moving so much CL over to get one.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 18 of 25
djshifted
Regular Contributor

So it came in, and looks like they made it the Premier World anyways.  Not sure how/why, but I won't argue!

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djshifted wrote:

So it came in, and looks like they made it the Premier World anyways.  Not sure how/why, but I won't argue!

Great to hear.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.