cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

tag
thisguyhere2002

US Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

So, I finally pulled the trigger and put in an app for this one. Opened a money market savings account with US Bank back in January, no other accounts or history with them. I live in Chicago, IL and they pulled Transunion, FICO8 was 708. I got the 7-10 message, and strangely the app left no trace on US Bank's approval status site or on their UW department automated line, but after speaking with a rep I was told it did go through and I would likely hear from them in 2-3 days with an answer. I'd also provided my e-mail address during the application for status updates but have yet to get one of those. Today I logged into online banking and there it was in the accounts list with a $25K SL. I checked UPS MyChoice and sure enough there was a package showing with a status of 'shipping label created' from US Bank in Centennial, CO scheduled for overnight delivery (which in this case meant Monday since today is Friday).

I'm honestly pretty shocked I got approved for this card without having to do a recon phone call. I currently have 2 CapOne Platinum cards, a CapOne Quicksilver, Discover It, CreditOne Visa (which I never use and grudgingly pay $8 a month for to keep my score up), and BoA Travel Rewards. All my cards had zero balance except for the Discover and the BoA. Transunion had 1 inquiry in the last 2 years and it was a week ago when I requested and received a $5.5K CLI on the BoA card. Income is $142K and I have a CH7 bankruptcy on my credit report from 10/2010 (2 more years to go...). I have perfect payment history and the CH7 is the only baddie, but in my experience usually it's been enough for an instant denial for any premium cards. Utilization is around 18%, but keep in mind my limits are nowhere near what most people on here seem to have. Case in point, my highest limit card is the Discover and it just recently was raised to $11K. So getting approved with this card with its $25K limit out of the gate is pretty amazing.

I'm so excited to finally join the ultra-premium card club! I burned AMEX, Chase, and Citi in my CH7 so I thought this day might never come.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

Wow, massive SL, congrats!

Did you open your money market with a hefty balance or anything?

They gave me a Cash+ card with a $500 toy limit so it's in the sock drawer (I did try recon but my unpaid $900 tax lien from 2010 reports only on TU which is what they pulled).

Great travel card, hope you use it to maximum cashback potential!

Message 2 of 12
thisguyhere2002

@Anonymouswrote:

Did you open your money market with a hefty balance or anything?

Nothing too crazy, I've got about $5,600 in there. All-around a big surprise.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thisguyhere2002 great approval from a bank that is known to be a slow warm up. Seems you got hot! Enjoy the benefits of your new premium card. Might just have broken through the ceiling Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Patience and the doors will open up. Congrats on your new card!
Message 5 of 12
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Are you able to combine rewards from different US Bank cards? kinda like Chase?
Message 6 of 12
thisguyhere2002

@imaximouswrote:
Are you able to combine rewards from different US Bank cards? kinda like Chase?

Not yet, but on Jan 1st US Bank changed the value of FlexPerks to a fixed 1.5 cents which is identical to the value of Altitude points, so many people suggest that's not far off.

Message 7 of 12
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the USB Super Card! Amazing that its your first USB card.  Keep it going with USB, they've treated me well.  Enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I dig this card.
Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

25k wow, any room up there for us mere mortals? Smiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.