Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Approval

Because of my low spend, I'm always looking for cashback cards with no minimum redemptions and an article directed me to the Cash+. I went to the US Bank site and tried their pre-approval link and got three cards including the Cash+. This surprised me since I've opted out and usually can't get pre-approved but I pulled the trigger anyway.

Today the automated system gave me a congratulations. I called and talked to a rep and confirmed that I did in fact get the Cash+ (I was wary of getting PC'd to something else), that I qualified for the bonus (he said I did) and what my CL was (he said $500). Aware of the various posts involving $500 SL, I asked him who I needed to talk to about raising my CL. I asked for an increase to $5,000; saying it would help my utilization and make spending $500 for the bonus easier. He said I would find out in a couple of days if my limit was increased and that I should receive the card in about a week.

Knowing about US Bank's conservative nature I was worried if I would in fact qualify (after pulling the trigger, of course). I recently merged my CapOne cards so one card is showing closed but the other hasn't registered the higher merged CL. My NFCU CashRewards has finally posted on EQ and EXP (but not on TU even though the inquiry did) so I have the new account (showing two months of activity) and the accompanying lowering of my credit age.

My file is clean but I was showing all zeroes with regard to balances (I plan to AZEO starting next month to see how I can maximize my scores I want a higer CL on my NFCU card and Discover IT).

For what it's worth my Discover TU Fico (even though I've read that US Bank uses an earlier model) was 729 as of 3/3. The Scorecard is showing 3 inquiries and a 1 year length of credit.

My free (and more current) EXP Fico as of 3/22 is showing 735 with 3 inquiries and a 11 month length of credit (the NFCU card's effect on credit age).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approval

@Anonymouswrote:

Because of my low spend, I'm always looking for cashback cards with no minimum redemptions and an article directed me to the Cash+. I went to the US Bank site and tried their pre-approval link and got three cards including the Cash+. This surprised me since I've opted out and usually can't get pre-approved but I pulled the trigger anyway.

Today the automated system gave me a congratulations. I called and talked to a rep and confirmed that I did in fact get the Cash+ (I was wary of getting PC'd to something else), that I qualified for the bonus (he said I did) and what my CL was (he said $500). Aware of the various posts involving $500 SL, I asked him who I needed to talk to about raising my CL. I asked for an increase to $5,000; saying it would help my utilization and make spending $500 for the bonus easier. He said I would find out in a couple of days if my limit was increased and that I should receive the card in about a week.

Knowing about US Bank's conservative nature I was worried if I would in fact qualify (after pulling the trigger, of course). I recently merged my CapOne cards so one card is showing closed but the other hasn't registered the higher merged CL. My NFCU CashRewards has finally posted on EQ and EXP (but not on TU even though the inquiry did) so I have the new account (showing two months of activity) and the accompanying lowering of my credit age.

My file is clean but I was showing all zeroes with regard to balances (I plan to AZEO starting next month to see how I can maximize my scores I want a higer CL on my NFCU card and Discover IT).

For what it's worth my Discover TU Fico (even though I've read that US Bank uses an earlier model) was 729 as of 3/3. The Scorecard is showing 3 inquiries and a 1 year length of credit.

My free (and more current) EXP Fico as of 3/22 is showing 735 with 3 inquiries and a 11 month length of credit (the NFCU card's effect on credit age).

US Bank likes to see longer credit histories for larger start limits but you may get the CLI from them. They also like usage so be sure to use it to get auto CLI. Grats on the card Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your US Bank approval!!
Yes, they are conservative, but at least you are in with them and they may grow with you in time
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

at least the csr told you your limit on the phone. I called after hearing the automated approval and the rep said she couldn't see my limit.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

What are the limits in your oher cards?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

What are the limits in your oher cards?

American Express Schwab ($19300), Capital One QS ($2350), Discover IT($6000), Firestone ($1200), NFCU CashRewards ($500), Regions ($500) and the US Bank Cash+ ($500 SL that hopefully is higher by the time the card arrives).

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, as stated, you are in. Time will heal all wounds, and low slSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Recon worked! I received the card today, activated it and now have a $5,000 sl! What a great way to end the week.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.