Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approved

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approved

Love this card, probably my favorite outside of Sallie Mae.  Congrats.

Message 11 of 24
vpae
Established Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Love this card, probably my favorite outside of Sallie Mae.  Congrats.

Ah! I have it bookmarked, but not on my targeted list. Thanks for the reminder. I will include the Sallie Mae. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

This is the next card on my list.

Message 13 of 24
vpae
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

I got a Capital One Credit Tracker alert and it looks like they pulled TU instead of EQ. Strange, but good for me since I have 7 inq in the past year on EQ (5 in the last 6 months, 1 is auto) and 3 in the past year on my TU (1 in the last 6 months, 2 are auto).  That might have been one reason I was approved. EQ may have scared them away.

Pulled Mint Credit Report 3 Bureaus, no double pull from US Bank or additional HP for the initial CL recon. Just 1 HP on TU.

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 14 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 24
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!!!

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 17 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Excellent addition! Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@vpae wrote:

I really didn't think I was going to App for ANOTHER card so soon but my friends were taking care of some stuff inside a US Bank branch yesterday and I was with them.

I started talking to a very friendly teller, asked her some questions, and stumped her on... if I have 2 US Bank CCs, can I move the Available Credit Line/Limit from one card to another? She wasn't sure, so she took down my info and told me she would call me back today. I get a call from her today and she said yes, that is something they can do. I said great, so there may be a chance that if I get declined for a new CC app that they may be able to move some of my existing CL from my US Bank CC to maybe open it? She wasn't sure but I felt pretty good about it. So I went back into the branch today to see her.

I already have a $15K US Bank Platinum Visa that I've used once, opened in March 2014. It was a targeted pre-approved offer I got in the mail when I apped at the time, I meant to use it for 0% purchases but never did. I have been wanting the Cash+ so that's what I apped for. She found me in the system, asked me the usual questions and I started telling her about ALL of the other cards I have, and she was just shocked. She basically said.. you're just collecting them and you're not really going to use this one either huh? haha. I said well, I've been applying so much, I figure eventually I'll get a denial and I'll stop. I told her maybe she's my lucky denial. She said, nope, please don't let it be me. And she said, you've been approved. lol

The limit is $7K, the exact same limit my first US Bank Platinum card was issued to me for. I called the backdoor number last time and requested a $8K CLI, and was approved, bringing it to $15K. The teller said she can call and ask on my behalf, she did, and it's pending. Will take 1-2 days. I also opened a checking account for fun, I think it helps her.

I don't really need a larger CL, so either way, I'm happy to have the US Bank Cash+! Smiley Very Happy Time to update the siggy.

TLDR;

Edit: Fixed Typos.

PC your other US Bank cards to the Cash + and then you'll have 3! LOL Congratulations on your approval! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
vpae
Established Contributor

KennyRS wrote: 

PC your other US Bank cards to the Cash + and then you'll have 3! LOL Congratulations on your approval! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

That's a good call, I wonder how long I must have the card for before I can PC? 

It would just be 2 Cash+, but then I could take advantage of more 5% categories!  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.