cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

Grats on the approval OP, nice CL!

A lot of USB approvals recently, including myself Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call up and find out if 100$ bonus offer is on your account. I also got prequalified with 100$ bonusif i spend 500 in 90 days. And got approved for two us bank cards cash + and 365 amex and i was prequalified for 3 with exact terms . I saved the screen shot. Today someone here suggested that i call and find out if this 100$ bonusboffer is actually attached to my accounts. When i called them they said they couldnt find the offer of 100$ bonus for both of my approved cards!  I spent 40 mintues on the phone . I applied using prequalification link

Message 42 of 79
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Happy belated congrats, and you see what you've done here, right?  Smiley LOL

Not to be left out of the FOTM, I decided the 5+% was too good to pass up even if the prequal was 16.x% and went for it right after the Delta card.  Not a card I'd carry a balance on, anyway, and maybe it'll fill in the gaps with Freedom, it, and eventually Dividend.  Went 7-10 days and the system couldn't find me online all week, so I called the automated line which congratulated me on being approved but gave no other details.  Got an email welcoming me this morning to the Cash+ VS with the last 4 of the card number, but still no idea what the final terms and starting line were.  I'll do my own thread and not hijack yours when the card arrives.  I'm not in that much of a rush that I need to call and speak to a live person. 

My understanding is that U.S. Bank will issue the non-VS version if the approval is under $5k, right?  Maybe they'll surprise me with something massive right out the gate, but I'm not holding my breath.

Message 43 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, thanks for pushing me lol. I did go for it and approved. See all my approvals here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Came-out-of-the-garden-ALL-approvals/m-p/5066505/highlight/false#M510102

Congrats on the Approval! Sometimes you just gotta take that risk, but when things work out in your favor, its glorious Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!!!

I saw your earlier post about the prequalify thread and I tried it myself. I'll make a separate thread (as not to hijack) to tell my long story, but I wanted to say that this really helped me out, so thank you and congratulations, again!

After that last approval I've stayed off this site (as it tends to easily push to keep applying for stuff lol), but I'm just checking in and noticed apparently US Bank has had a lot of traction this month. Glad the info help and Congrats on your approval too! 

Message 45 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats on the approval OP, nice CL!

A lot of USB approvals recently, including myself Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Vanthor and Congrats right back at ya!!

Message 46 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you call up and find out if 100$ bonus offer is on your account. I also got prequalified with 100$ bonusif i spend 500 in 90 days. And got approved for two us bank cards cash + and 365 amex and i was prequalified for 3 with exact terms . I saved the screen shot. Today someone here suggested that i call and find out if this 100$ bonusboffer is actually attached to my accounts. When i called them they said they couldnt find the offer of 100$ bonus for both of my approved cards!  I spent 40 mintues on the phone . I applied using prequalification link

I just saw this and did not know it might be an issue. I can tell you this though, I didn't see anything online about the signup bonus nor have I called about it - I didn't think twice about it and just assumed it would take care of itself like every other card. I started digging around online after reading this and found this info under the "account information" link on the left side of the main page. 

At the very top of the 'account' pop-up box it does says "newly earned rewards" $112.08

@Anonymous cycle closes in just over a week so I expect that's when it'll officially post. I've used it about 5 times equalling about $80. A few days ago I charged $472 @Anonymous Flats which easily pushed me above the spend requirement. This $112 in rewards was not there before I crossed the threshold so maybe it only shows up after you've hit the mark?  I think that $100 bonus is included in that total. 

I could be wrong, but that has been my experience so far. Once the cycel closes over I'll see if it lets me redeem it; if it does not then I'll be calling in, but I hope it doesnt get to that. Hopefully they get yours resolved quickly. It seems quite odd you'd have to dispute a bonus. I fully agree, if they offered it in the pre-qual and you're approved, they have no reason to not honor it. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.28.48 PM.png

Message 47 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Happy belated congrats, and you see what you've done here, right?  Smiley LOL

Not to be left out of the FOTM, I decided the 5+% was too good to pass up even if the prequal was 16.x% and went for it right after the Delta card.  Not a card I'd carry a balance on, anyway, and maybe it'll fill in the gaps with Freedom, it, and eventually Dividend.  Went 7-10 days and the system couldn't find me online all week, so I called the automated line which congratulated me on being approved but gave no other details.  Got an email welcoming me this morning to the Cash+ VS with the last 4 of the card number, but still no idea what the final terms and starting line were.  I'll do my own thread and not hijack yours when the card arrives.  I'm not in that much of a rush that I need to call and speak to a live person. 

My understanding is that U.S. Bank will issue the non-VS version if the approval is under $5k, right?  Maybe they'll surprise me with something massive right out the gate, but I'm not holding my breath.

LOL I didn't think we'd see such a stir from their prequal site lol but I'm glad folks seem to be taking advantage and banking on some good (and easy) offers from them. I feel like you should be seeing an approval in the $10k+ space. You're overall profile is more seasoned than mine. I was just reading over some of the approvals and noticed there seem to be (2) approval ranges, Under $4k and Over $10k. There doesn't seem to be a middle space which is kind of odd. Everyone is landing on one of the spectrum or the other, but thats a broad generalization (I might just need to keep reading and will come across that middle segment).

I'm not 100% sure on the VS $5k limit with USB, but I feel like I've read somewhere that you're right on that. Like BofA they'll issue the non-VS on less than $5k. Congrats on your approval and I'll keep an eye out to see when you post that $20k starting line! Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the bank cant seem to find my offer and are asking me to mail in the screen shot.  If anyoen else applied for this, you might want to call and make sure they have this offer in your account before you start meeting the spending...pain pain!!!!

Message 49 of 79
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Sounds like there are a few of us that didn’t have the $100 offer applied to the card when we applied. I had to write a letter to credit card services and have them manually apply it. I got a letter in the mail with the apology and stating they applied the offer to my card.
Message 50 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.