Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

Congrats Credit is Crack! Smiley Happy

Hover mouse over cards for Credit Limit and APR info.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Valued Contributor

Us Bank is tough. Congrats!!

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

credit_is_crack wrote:
Thanks Credit! And you bring up a good point, I don't usually see much on this card and when I do it isn't littered with high limit stories (using $20k as the lower benchmark of "high limit").

Does anyone know any info about US banks credit exposure "parameters" or could one say they behave like BofA does, relationship heavy.. I wonder how high I can grow this card. I think a $50k exposure limit on cards would be in line with many others, but not all. Thanks for bringing that up Credit!

In 4 years I've opened 35 CC accounts--and a lot of them have turned out to be either slo-growers (which I can live with) or no-growers. So going forward if I do add any new cards I've made that part of my criteria in deciding whether to app for it or not---the ability to grow the card past $20K. I can't see this happening with U.S. Bank and me so I'm letting the offer slide....but it was nice to at least GET an offer from them for a change thoughSmiley Happy

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Good info Credit-hoarder. I hadn't gotten to the point of checking all details before applying, but I think I'm just about there now where serious long term growth plays a factor. Luckily most of my lineup allows for great growth and I was mindful very early on to not get sucked into low-limit hell by stacking the store cards. I have one left, my JCP and although it's Rewards aren't very useful for me, I think it's a sentimental thing lol which is odd because it's just a card, but JCP has a small place in my lineup permanently reserved for it, and at $10k, it's not doing any damage (that I know of).
AmEx l BoA l Chase l Citi l Discover l Fifth Third l FNBO l NFCU l PenFed l Synchrony l USAA l US Bank l 10/01/17 FICO EQ 759, EX 755, TU 783
Established Contributor

Thanks ItsPossible and Jerry!
AmEx l BoA l Chase l Citi l Discover l Fifth Third l FNBO l NFCU l PenFed l Synchrony l USAA l US Bank l 10/01/17 FICO EQ 759, EX 755, TU 783
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

credit_is_crack wrote:

Hi All, 

So some of us have been playing with the US Bank prequalify website recently, and I got two cards for results (app process info posted here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Prequalified-Results/td-p/5059270 

I had solid APRs for 16.99% w/the sign-up bonus ($100 4 $500 spend) on the Cash+ and 365 AmEx. 

Applied Saturday 09/30 and got the 7-10 day message online. Called yesterday and automated line said "Congratuations You've Been Approved!" and called back today to get the details. 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card

Approved Limit $10,000

APR - 15.99% (even though my prequal was 16.99%)

**These were my stats as of app date. I have several new accounts but they have not posted yet so they saw a cleaner, less active version of my profile

Single TU Pull - Fico 8 783 (not sure if they used mortgage score, I'll find out when i get that credit letter)

• Inquiries < 6 Months = 3
  • Inquiries < 12 Months = 5
  • New Accounts < 6 Months = 0
  • New Accounts < 12 Months = 4
  • No existing USBank relationship
  • Never had an account with US Bank or affiliates (Elan)
  • This was the first time I received a prequal result on their website

Perks:

• 5.5% on two categories in Year 1 (drops to 5% at 13 months)
  • 2.5% on one category in Year 1 (drops to 2% at 13 months)
  • 1% on everything else
  • $0 Annual Fee

This IS my FINAL app for 2017 and won't be leaving the garden until next summer (if i leave the garden at all). I had read somewhere that when you get a prequalified offer (and it had some red banner) it was pretty much golden; I had no red banner on mine, just the standard prequal. Woo-Hoo!! 

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.53.16 PM.png

Ok, thanks for pushing me lol. I did go for it and approved. See all my approvals here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Came-out-of-the-garden-ALL-approvals/m-p/50665...

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats on the approval!

My EX just went to 699 (was 650s) and got the prequalified for Amex and the Cash+.  Cash+ is really tempting but I am currently gardening as I'm at 4/24 and really would love the Chase CSR although the Cash+ would actually be more money in my pocket.

Going to wait til November and see if Discover graduates and if Chase throws up fresh offers.  If not, I may seriously consider pulling the trigger, especially considering my FICO8 EX should go up another 15-25 in a week or two.

FICO8 3/17 550EX, 570TU, 559EQ
FICO8 10/17 710EX, 693TU, 717EQ -- almost 700 club!
Gardening since Aug 7, 17
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

ABCD2199 wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

My EX just went to 699 (was 650s) and got the prequalified for Amex and the Cash+.  Cash+ is really tempting but I am currently gardening as I'm at 4/24 and really would love the Chase CSR although the Cash+ would actually be more money in my pocket.

Going to wait til November and see if Discover graduates and if Chase throws up fresh offers.  If not, I may seriously consider pulling the trigger, especially considering my FICO8 EX should go up another 15-25 in a week or two.

Cool, but if you pull the trigger, be sure to report back...i'm too waiting to apply for CSR, but that wont happen until my ch7 falls in 10/2020.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.