cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

I just got my $100 bonus today.
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 61 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you confirm with bank? How did you apply?
Message 62 of 79
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous I’m sorry you had so much trouble. Smiley Sad

So yeah, considering I’m only using the card for 5.5% cash back on “fast food” and my statement also closed on the 1st (exactly a week after receiving the card and 5 days after I decided not to recycle it and close the account), I did not hit the spend requirement yet. The 0.5% bonus does show on my rewards for every transaction, though. I’ll be sure to report back when I hit the spend.

Message 63 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CIC!!! I just got approved today for the same limit and apr.

Message 64 of 79
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you confirm with bank? How did you apply?

Yes. And I had the promo. I posted about my experience already. 

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 65 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous I’m sorry you had so much trouble. Smiley Sad

So yeah, considering I’m only using the card for 5.5% cash back on “fast food” and my statement also closed on the 1st (exactly a week after receiving the card and 5 days after I decided not to recycle it and close the account), I did not hit the spend requirement yet. The 0.5% bonus does show on my rewards for every transaction, though. I’ll be sure to report back when I hit the spend.

Thanks K!!

Message 66 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah US bank sucks in my experience.I had prequalified offers, and i hit the spend , my statement cut and no BONUS. even after them prequalifing me after i put in my ssn etc. I faxed them my info. Now i am waiting for my checking account bonus as well . this is a 200$ bonus offer  postal mailer i received at my address so yeah if they dont give this , i will complain to CFPB then probably they cannot escape saying its targetted because they sent me the mailer to my address.

Message 67 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah US bank sucks in my experience.I had prequalified offers, and i hit the spend , my statement cut and no BONUS. even after them prequalifing me after i put in my ssn etc. I faxed them my info. Now i am waiting for my checking account bonus as well . this is a 200$ bonus offer  postal mailer i received at my address so yeah if they dont give this , i will complain to CFPB then probably they cannot escape saying its targetted because they sent me the mailer to my address.

That sucks!!  And yours is $200 not $100.

I put a comment on twitter and the askhelp twitter told me to send them my info so they can help me.  I told them "CFPB could not help, what makes you think you can"

Anyways, as soon as my payment on the card clears, i'm going to call and close both credit cards, CLOC and checkings account. 

Message 68 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. Good that you left a comment on their twitter. Sometimes social media helps out way more than traditional customer service methods. Hope this resolves in your favor.

I have read on Doc of credit comment section that most people  got their checking account bonus and those who did not, got it in the end through CFPB ,in my case its targetted to my address so i should receive it. And i am still within the timeframe of 8 to 10 weeks after my DD hit.

As far Credit card bonuses concerned  i am not sure if they honor it or not.  Even if they dont honor CC bonuses i will still keep the card because its useful to pay phone bill and earn 5.5% (.5% extra the first year). So It has its uses. Btw once i build a longterm relationship with the bank i can try for a second cash+ and hopefully receive good cl and bonus then close this cash+. Either way i will keep my checking and cc accounts open. 

Message 69 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you have a good point, I already took the HPs.

I only applied because of the bonus, didnt really need the cards lol. CFPB was of no help, US Bank denied the bonus and closed the case. I should of applied for the platinum for the cell phone insurance, the offer still there to get it with a set APR, but will put my cell bill on Uber card now.
Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.