Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + approved

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash + approved

I wasn't sure about this card after the nerfing of rewards and my mixed bag with US Bank's customer service in the past.  After much thought and research into this card, I decided to go ahead and apply at my local branch office.  I figured that if things get really bad with US Bank, I can always close it and move on, as my profile can take it with minimal damage.  Still, I like that there is more customization of 5% categories with this card, plus the $25 bonus when redeeming $100, albeit only once a year.  This card could definitely give me a boost in rewards for my normal everyday spending. 

Much to my surprise, I was instantly approved for $17k at 16.99% apr for purchase.  They pulled Transunion on me, which according to my Discover statement this month, has a 766 fico score.  Once I get the card, I'll set up the account online and pick the categories.  If anyone has advice for me about this card, please chip in.  Thanks again myfico community for your help in getting me to this point!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
santi16
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Cash + approved

@Weights wrote:

I wasn't sure about this card after the nerfing of rewards and my mixed bag with US Bank's customer service in the past.  After much thought and research into this card, I decided to go ahead and apply at my local branch office.  I figured that if things get really bad with US Bank, I can always close it and move on, as my profile can take it with minimal damage.  Still, I like that there is more customization of 5% categories with this card, plus the $25 bonus when redeeming $100, albeit only once a year.  This card could definitely give me a boost in rewards for my normal everyday spending. 

Much to my surprise, I was instantly approved for $17k at 16.99% apr for purchase.  They pulled Transunion on me, which according to my Discover statement this month, has a 766 fico score.  Once I get the card, I'll set up the account online and pick the categories.  If anyone has advice for me about this card, please chip in.  Thanks again myfico community for your help in getting me to this point!

Congrats on the approval. Mind if i ask what state you're in? This card is on my to get list lol

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Like the ability to self select categories with the US Bank Cash+. Freedom and Discover categories are too narrow to be very useful to me. Also enjoy the Barclay Sallie Mae and Citi Forward Visa (old style with 5x categories). They all work well together.
Message 3 of 31
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 31
Weights
Regular Contributor

@santi16 wrote:

@Weights wrote:

Congrats on the approval. Mind if i ask what state you're in? This card is on my to get list lol

I'm in Ohio.  From what their underwriting department told me, a random bureau is pulled upon submission of the application.  That said, from my personal research, it seems Transunion is the most common one pulled lately.  It used to be that they used Equifax almost exclusively, but that apparently has recently changed.  Best advice I can give you is be prepared for any of them to be pulled.  I can, however, confirm that according to their underwriting department, only one bureau will be pulled.  At least a triple pull isn't all but guranteed like in the case of good old Capital One. 

Message 5 of 31
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG congrats on your approval!  Wow that's a really nice starting CL w/ US Bank, knowing how conservative they are.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 31
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 8 of 31
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 9 of 31
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

US Bank and Elan back date the application to the 1st of the month... So your new card will show up on your credit reports as being from 6/1/14.

I applied for my second US Bank card less than 3 months later, but was 3 months because of the back dating. If you were interested in trying that, you could probably apply as soon as the first week of September.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.