Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + approved

tag
AMTB
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Cash + approved

@Weights wrote:

@AMTB wrote:

I've been wondering how do you redeem the cashback with no other account with them. please let me know the options you see for redeeming and any restriction. I'm hoping for send me a check option similar to CO or CHASE, but the site doesn't mention anything. this is one of the reasons I put it off from recent app spree

I actually discussed with the banker who took my applicaiton, since this is so with me.  She stated that the cash back can be redeemed via statement credit, visa gift card, or transer to a US Bank account only.  However, she stated that if you would rather have a check, you could apply the rewards as a statement credit and if you end up with a negative balance, ask for one from there.  It's obviously going to take longer this way, but at least it's one method to do it.  That's what made me decide to go ahead and get it. 

thanks for the info. next is to check how Sallie Mae's redemption works before I put it into my next app spree

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMTB - Barclay's Sallie Mae MasterCard applies the rewards to: 1) Sallie Mae student Loans, 2) UPromise accounts or, 3) a statement credit to your Sallie Mae MasterCard account. No other options offered.
Message 22 of 31
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@AMTB wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

@santi16 wrote:

@Weights wrote:

I wasn't sure about this card after the nerfing of rewards and my mixed bag with US Bank's customer service in the past.  After much thought and research into this card, I decided to go ahead and apply at my local branch office.  I figured that if things get really bad with US Bank, I can always close it and move on, as my profile can take it with minimal damage.  Still, I like that there is more customization of 5% categories with this card, plus the $25 bonus when redeeming $100, albeit only once a year.  This card could definitely give me a boost in rewards for my normal everyday spending. 

Much to my surprise, I was instantly approved for $17k at 16.99% apr for purchase.  They pulled Transunion on me, which according to my Discover statement this month, has a 766 fico score.  Once I get the card, I'll set up the account online and pick the categories.  If anyone has advice for me about this card, please chip in.  Thanks again myfico community for your help in getting me to this point!

Congrats on the approval. Mind if i ask what state you're in? This card is on my to get list lol

It's alright if you don't have a branch near you. Just call 888-444-2265 and you can apply by telephone. Took me about 20 minutes because they have to read all the terms to you, but it was stilll really easy and the CSR was extremely nice!

where did you get that number? I didn't see it from the web. will use this to app at the end of the year due to too many recent inquiries

I got it from another post somewhere on these forums. Just call and state you want to apply for the US Bank Cash+ Signature Visa. 

And I recently just went on a spree of apping (and getting approved) for 5 credit cards in a span of three weeks. US Bank was my last app. Needless to say though, YMMV.

Message 23 of 31
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@Weights wrote:

I wasn't sure about this card after the nerfing of rewards and my mixed bag with US Bank's customer service in the past.  After much thought and research into this card, I decided to go ahead and apply at my local branch office.  I figured that if things get really bad with US Bank, I can always close it and move on, as my profile can take it with minimal damage.  Still, I like that there is more customization of 5% categories with this card, plus the $25 bonus when redeeming $100, albeit only once a year.  This card could definitely give me a boost in rewards for my normal everyday spending. 

Much to my surprise, I was instantly approved for $17k at 16.99% apr for purchase.  They pulled Transunion on me, which according to my Discover statement this month, has a 766 fico score.  Once I get the card, I'll set up the account online and pick the categories.  If anyone has advice for me about this card, please chip in.  Thanks again myfico community for your help in getting me to this point!

Congrats to you. 

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Weights wrote:

when you applied did you get 0% on purchases or balance transfers for 6 or 12 months ? 

Message 25 of 31
Weights
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Weights wrote:

when you applied did you get 0% on purchases or balance transfers for 6 or 12 months ? 

Sorry for the delayed response.  I got 0% on balance transfers for 9 months actually; no 0% for purchases unfortunately.  The banker who took my app was able to find a slighty better offer after pushing him a bit, but I didn't use it, since no need really existed for me to take it up.  I would urge you to only consider this card for the rewards, as this is not the right choice if you plan to carry a balance for a period of time. 

Message 26 of 31
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Weights wrote:

Congrats man! this is the holy grail of all credit cards, I plan on app'ing once all my baddies fall off.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, I want this card so much!!!

Message 28 of 31
Weights
Regular Contributor

After having this card for a few months now, I'd overall recommend it, if you realize and appreciate its limits. Despite the nerfing, it's still one of the best cash back cards imho.  US Bank customer service has been fine for the most part...not outstanding, but not terrible either.  Picking your categories is obviously the big plus, but just realize that categoy selections will likely vary from quarter to quarter.  However, this is only a card you get for the bonuses if you PIF.  This isn't the right card if you plan to carry a balance for a period of time, as the bonus rewards will not outweight your interest charges. 

Though I don't know this to be 100%, the banker who took my applicatoin told me they typically look for Fico in the over 700 range, not too many new accounts, and no more than about 4 or 5 inquiries in the last year.  They also aren't likely to approve if you have a bankruptcy on file or any recent baddies.  They also seem to like positive experience with a credit line at $5k or above for at least a few years.  I believe TU is typically pulled for this card, but ymmv. 

Message 29 of 31
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Weights wrote:

After having this card for a few months now, I'd overall recommend it, if you realize and appreciate its limits. Despite the nerfing, it's still one of the best cash back cards imho.  US Bank customer service has been fine for the most part...not outstanding, but not terrible either.  Picking your categories is obviously the big plus, but just realize that categoy selections will likely vary from quarter to quarter.  However, this is only a card you get for the bonuses if you PIF.  This isn't the right card if you plan to carry a balance for a period of time, as the bonus rewards will not outweight your interest charges. 

Though I don't know this to be 100%, the banker who took my applicatoin told me they typically look for Fico in the over 700 range, not too many new accounts, and no more than about 4 or 5 inquiries in the last year.  They also aren't likely to approve if you have a bankruptcy on file or any recent baddies.  They also seem to like positive experience with a credit line at $5k or above for at least a few years.  I believe TU is typically pulled for this card, but ymmv. 

They pulled EQ for me both times I applied for this card.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.