cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Targeted Offer.....Approved!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

US Bank Platinum Targeted Offer.....Approved!

I received a targeted offer from US Bank for their Platinum card. The offer includes, no annual fee, free EXP credit score and 0% intro APR for balance transfers for 9 billing cyles with a varibale APR between 12.99% to 23.99% (YIKES) Smiley Surprised. It appears to be a now thrills, no frills credit product.

Can anyone tell more about this card?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum Targeted Offer

i have this card its great but id say dont do the pre approved offer if you go on the site and apply directly its 0% apr on balances and transfers for 12 months as well as all of the other perks they stated so that seems to be a bit dulled down offer according to the site.
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 12
texasman07
Established Contributor

OMG! I got this in the mail today! My first prime pre selected mail offer!!! Does this mean pre qualified or I this just a random letter they send out ?
Message 3 of 12
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

When I called and spoke to a CSR today and asked it this was a pre-approved offer I was told I was "pre-selected" for this offer because of my relationship with the US bank, I do have a checking and savings there. I applied yesterday and was told my application was pending further review. I called a CSR today and I was denied. I asked why and she said they was unable to pull my CR b/c it was frozen. I asked her which agency they pulled and she said she did not know. WHAT?! How do you not know that. She told me to call all 3 agencies and remove any freezes. I told her it costs $10 to remove each freeze so just tell me which agency you will use and I'll unfreeze that one. She said the system randomly selects an agency. So I told her, the only freeze I have at this time is with EXP so that must be the report they used. She then sad no, they tried to pull EQ. I told her that my EQ is not frozen. I'm starting to feel that this card is not worth all this hassle.
Message 4 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Just curious, but why would you apply for any credit knowing your bureau(s) are frozen?

Anyhow, since your frozen apps are an issue, you will have to unfreeze it. You also mentioned that only your EX is frozen, so why would you also bother asking which bureau they pulled? Doesn't it only cost you $10, not $30 to unfreeze since its just EX?

Are you intentionally trying to make them pull another bureau?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 12
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

To satisfy your curiosity, only my EXP is frozen. And for me, it seems like everyone always pulls my EQ file anyway. No, my intention is not to make them use a different agency. My intetnion is to get clear and accurate infrmation which I'm entitled to. Yes, it does only costs $10 to unfreeze EXP. Me using the $30 scenario was my attempt to get her to undestand how ridiculous it was to freeze all 3 reports at $10 each b/c she did not know whst the heck is going on. The issue I have is the fact she acts like she has no idea with agency they used. I should not have to fish around to get that information.
Message 6 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:
To satisfy your curiosity, only my EXP is frozen. And for me, it seems like everyone always pulls my EQ file anyway. No, my intention is not to make them use a different agency. My intetnion is to get clear and accurate infrmation which I'm entitled to. Yes, it does only costs $10 to unfreeze EXP. Me using the $30 scenario was my attempt to get her to undestand how ridiculous it was to freeze all 3 reports at $10 each b/c she did not know whst the heck is going on. The issue I have is the fact she acts like she has no idea with agency they used. I should not have to fish around to get that information.

US Bank is not like other banks. Chase, Citi, American Express, and others can choose which agency and they can also use a PIN to access a frozen bureau. US Bank cannot do these things and the representative is right that the computer chooses an agency on it's own. They can't even see the name of the credit card you were approved for unless they take the time to actually click through a few things instead of just looking at the main page. The underwriters in my experience are just people who input information into a computer and cannot or will not make decisions with you on the telephone. Whenever I have contacted them, 80% of the time they are lazy and unfriendly people who do not seem to care what you need at all.

Message 7 of 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

I love my US Bank cards i just opened a checking and savings with them and i applied for them in the past and for me they mostly pulled TU and on one case when my TU was not reporting approp history they pulled EQ but that was when i was denied after that i waited about a month and then applied they pulled TU again and im on the East Coast in New Jersey so i think the representative that you spoke with maybe was pulling your leg.. Did you call the backdoor number or just the customer service number?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 8 of 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Also you have take into acct most creditors dont tell you who they pull before they pull it ... why? because that could change your decision to apply kinda like my situation i dont like when creditors pull other than TU because my TU Is clean  while my EQ And EX has a paid Charge off and a Paid Collection that i cannot get removed so if i frooze mine i would want to know which they pulled and if it wasnt TU i would change my mind instantly so as a creditor i would tell you nothing until i had an official decision

Current Cards

Message 9 of 12
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I was approved for the card with a $1k limit which is kind of disappointing. I was hoping to take advantage of the balance transfer promotion but I will need at least $1.5k in additional credit.

Has anyone had favorable results reconing with US Bank?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.