Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI by Phone - $9k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA CLI by Phone - $9k

Congrats gibeon!  What's your utilization %?  My scores are in a similar range to yours but USAA denied me for CLI a couple of months ago.

I like USAA for auto insurance, but not impressed with their credit cards, especially since they pull a hard on EQ for every customer initiated CLI.

Message 11 of 13
gibeon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats gibeon!  What's your utilization %?  My scores are in a similar range to yours but USAA denied me for CLI a couple of months ago.

I like USAA for auto insurance, but not impressed with their credit cards, especially since they pull a hard on EQ for every customer initiated CLI.

Utilization on USAA? At the time it was 0, but I had just paid $2k balance off this particular card when I called in for the CLI, and a $1k balance from my USAA Visa. So it had been 40% on that card until about 5 days earlier.

I had about 20% overall across about a third of my cards though.

I've been a USAA member for about 25 years though, if that helped, but my oldest card with them is the Classic Amex about 15 months old, I got this Rewards Amex in 11/2015, and a USAA Cash Rewards Visa in 5/2016.  

As for the hard pulls, I've given up on caring about it for the most part... I have 70-ish on EQ at this point. 

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 12 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

jealous!!! LOL..

USAA was burned in my BK, and they have a stricter than strict of all strict rules.....7 yrs post DC before they will lend again. I can't even get a savings acct LOL...they mean business!

Congrats to you!! Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.