Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Double Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Double Approval

Hello all. It's been a bit since I posted, but I have a good story to tell.

I recently applied for a USAA Cash Rewards Visa Platinum and received a notice that I would be contacted in 2 business days with a response. Well 2 days passed and I didn't hear anything, plus there was no record in my online account information referencing that I had applied. So I decided to submit another application, thinking that maybe the first one didn't go through and received the same two day message. After that, I just assumed that I was not going to get the card and didn't pursue it any further.

About a week later I received a letter from USAA in the mail asking me to send identity verification documents to them so that they can consider my credit request. I sent the info via email and two days later received two  emails with the subject line "Welcome! Your USAA Credit Card Is on the Way".  There was one difference though...each email had a different last four digits of the credit card number being sent. I logged in to my USAA account to see that they actually issued me 2 separate credit cards with $1,000 SL each.

I never thought they would approve both applications submitted. Really I didn't think they would approve even one, but certainly approve one and disregard the other.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I was the beneficiary of 2 for 1 day at USAA.

Too blessed to be stressed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Double Approval

Who can explain ... ? Congrats on unusual approval(s) ...
Message 2 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's definitely strange that they would approve both , I would maybe call and see if they could combine the cards to lessen the affects of AAOA and have a bigger limit on one vs the 2 1k limits . Either way Congrats OP
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. That sounds like a good idea. You think there is any chance they might say "OOPS we gave you one line too many, we are giong to shut one down"?

Message 4 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I honestly don't think so , if they do it would be to combine them I would think , I do think this was a glitch maybe but USAA is awesome and I don't think they would do that . Plus they have had time to realize any mistakes and fix it by now so I think you will be just fine .
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.