Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Doubled My Limit Again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Doubled My Limit "Again"

baller4life wrote:
Just received a cli from $14k to $28k on my USAA Cash Rewards Amex. Started at $7k a year ago and doubled to $14k at six months mark. I love USAA almost as much as Navy Fed. But, not quite! 😄

Credit Line QUADRUPLED in 12 months.

She has the Golden Touch!

Congratz  Baller :-)

Message 21 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: USAA Doubled My Limit Again

Thanks Sebastian!! BOA is pretty special!! 😄
Message 22 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WHAT?! WOW..Baller, you amaze me!! Thats so awesomeSmiley Happy Seriously...congrats to youSmiley Happy
Message 23 of 30
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job Baller.

USAA really likes​ you.😄

Message 25 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice job Baller.

USAA really likes​ you.😄

I suppose they do! The feeling is mutual! Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I hope to be there someday.  Would you mind sharing some tips that you think may have contributed to the double double effect?  Did you PIF each month? Keep balances under 10%?  Did your score ranges possibly have something to do with it?  Thanks for any wisdom you can share on how to get there!

Message 27 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well my usage didn't seem to have any affect at all. First cli I had barely used the card. Only charging small insurance policy on it each month. This time I was taking advantage of a bt promotion and was carrying a balance. Scores 700s.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight.  When you did the BT, did it put your utilization over 30-35%?  I tend to be a max-it-out sort of person, however, now that I'm learning about the ideal utilization and how much it impacts credit scores, I'm fairly certain I've been going about it all wrong.  Now, I'm just trying to demystify it some, I suppose, and you clearly have the right habits down. 

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, as a 45 year USAA member, it took me 25 years to reach the 12.5K CL. Now it is 50K which is USAA's limit CL for all cards combined. Be careful though because USAA is the first to report to a CRA if you are late/miss a payment.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.