Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA and multiple CC's

tag
eparker
Frequent Contributor

USAA and multiple CC's

I was just approved for a USSA MC.  Are they particular about doing mulitple approvals close together.  I just got the card today in the mail.

My credit limit on the MC is $7000.00

Just curious.

Thanks

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA and multiple CC's

I've seen several stories on here of people who've app-ed back-to-back with them and got the same CL for both cards. I got approved back in Oct. and was going to go for another one right after but opted to wait instead b/c I had the same question.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 10
eparker
Frequent Contributor

LOL....Well I just found out.  Apped for the USAA Visa Plat Card.....APPROVED!!!!!  Same limit as the MC $7000.00!!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Guess I'd better garden......

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@eparker wrote:

LOL....Well I just found out.  Apped for the USAA Visa Plat Card.....APPROVED!!!!!  Same limit as the MC $7000.00!!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Guess I'd better garden......

Sounds like a good plan OP!  Congrats on the back-to-back USAA approvals.

Message 4 of 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

What were your APRs?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

@eparker wrote:

I was just approved for a USSA MC.  Are they particular about doing mulitple approvals close together.  I just got the card today in the mail.

My credit limit on the MC is $7000.00

Just curious.

Thanks

No, I apped for 2 cards in 2 days..(they used same report) . You can also app for a third card even though the site may state you have exceeded your limit (you have to call in and the csr will ask what card you want to app for and then he will submit your app over the phone).

Message 6 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

lol Wowza! Congrats! I'm jealous as I was declined a while back. I think it might be a card or two I get a year or two from now.
Message 7 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
lol Wowza! Congrats! I'm jealous as I was declined a while back. I think it might be a card or two I get a year or two from now.

+1

Message 8 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats x 2 ! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP: Good Job! At some point next year I'm going to app for their Rate Advantage Mastercard and see if I can get a CLI on my cureent Visa Cash Rewards with the same HP. I've read a couple of instances on here where it's been done before.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.