Established Member
ballinonabudget

USAA reopen card

I had a USAA credit card from a few years ago, opened in 2005. They closed the account for delinquency and I payed the balance in full. Would they be able to re-open this account with the old date? I believe I asked them if I could at the time but they couldn't, I didn't press the issue though. They might have asked me to run another credit check at the time which I didn't want to do I'm not too sure. I think I was in the middle of buying the house and didn't want to run the credit check. I'm trying to close one card and If I could reopen this one with the old date it would work out great for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Old Fako score 550 in 2008ish
Current Fico(1/1/2013) EQ 717
Goal:750 100k
Open Loan Balances: 34k Auto 13.3k Auto, 5.3k Personal loan both through Navy FCU, 182k Mortgage 3.375%
The Wallet: NFCU 14k Signature Visa, USAA 10k MasterCard, Penfed 10k Cap1 500
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: USAA reopen card

ballinonabudget wrote:

I had a USAA credit card from a few years ago, opened in 2005. They closed the account for delinquency and I payed the balance in full. Would they be able to re-open this account with the old date? I believe I asked them if I could at the time but they couldn't, I didn't press the issue though. They might have asked me to run another credit check at the time which I didn't want to do I'm not too sure. I think I was in the middle of buying the house and didn't want to run the credit check. I'm trying to close one card and If I could reopen this one with the old date it would work out great for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately it cannot be reopened with the 2005 date years later.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}