Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber CC denial.... but, wait! (RECON)

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Uber CC denial.... but, wait! (RECON)

Hi all,

I've been relatively MIA on these boards recently, but I've been occasionally lurking. Probably for the best as I went a little crazy there.

I applied for the Uber CC this morning, got a "processing, no immediate answer" response and immediately checked the app status site. Declined, so really it was an instant decline. My biggest spend categories are dining/bars, so this card is invaluable at 4% -- can't think of a better product out there.

During lunch, I called the recon number (866-205-5973) and spoke to a very nice analyst. I was put on hold several times, and asked a few questions ("why all the inquiries?" "why all the new accounts?" etc.)  I informed him that this would be my biggest spend category and that I do not have any accounts with Barclays (I was very hesitant until I saw this card; bad stories out there). I also told him that I want all of my accounts to age at the same time for a mortgage application in two years or so.

He comes back on the line, and fully expecting to hear, "sorry...," instead I head "Sir, fortunately we've been able to get a reversal on the original decision. You've been approved with a starting credit line of $5,000." I nearly jumped for joy. I was a little weary when I hung up the phone because of these aforementioned stories, but immediately after the call I got an Approval email for the card and a Paperless billing email at the same time. I'm truly astounded Barclays approved me, because here are my DP's....

TU: 700 (went up to 708 later in the day according to MyFICO)

INQ: 24

New accounts in 6 months: 9

Income: Good for my age; not crazy high, but I live in a cheaper big city (27 y.o.).

Additionally, this is now my 3rd highest CL after my Merrill+ (15K) and my Cash Rewards (7.5K). 

My score is not incredibly high, I have a ton of INQs and new accounts, and I have never had a Barclays product.

There is hope for everyone!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber CC denial.... but, wait! (RECON)

Whoa! Congrats!

Any baddies on TU?
Message 2 of 11
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Whoa! Congrats!

Any baddies on TU?

Believe it or not, YES. A SERIOUS DELINQUENCY (180+ days late) from 2014 on student loans, since rehabbed. UTIL hovers between 1-2% as well.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You give me hope. Lol. I’ve been contemplating all day if I should apply. I was denied in August by Barclays because of inq’s and new accounts. My whole siggy Started from May of this year.
I do have about 21,000 in recent CLI’s still to report in the next two weeks, so I may wait till then, or may not...lol
This card is perfect for my spend categories and I also uber 5 miles to NYC everyday for Work.
Oh the decisions (and 29inq’s 16new accounts) lol.
Anyways, super congrats on your recon approval!!!
Message 4 of 11
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! You give us hope Smiley Happy This card is sooooo tempting. It covers all of my spending categories and I also use Uber several times a week.

Must stay in the garden!!! lol Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been waiting to see TU and EX updates today on MyFico. Got EQ last night...

Seems everything is a day or two behind this month. Also waiting for Navy AR. Last month happened on the 29th!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the recon, good job. Dv

Message 7 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats on recon, bearcat fan huh Smiley Happy

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 8 of 11
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Congrats on recon, bearcat fan huh Smiley Happy

Fan & alum Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
lexus829
Contributor

Mine is a different result, same reasons excessive inquries but they cant over turn should I call again? lol

11/2016 - EQ(575)/TU(550)/EX(565) Current - EQ(675)/TU(680)/EX(678) Goal – 700

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.