Established Contributor

Re: Unexpected AmEx Approval

Congrats

Established Contributor

GABrown wrote:
Thats the first time i have heard of this...Thats really awesome and congrats as well!!!

yep me too first time I heard of someone paying in full after they settled Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor

beb86 wrote:

AMEX uses inhouse collections which is a benefit when you want to do right by them...Congrats... what card did you get approved for 

I applied for and was approved for Blue from American Express.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 795 | EX 801
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
The reps aren't credit analysts though... They really can't aa you or anything, I wouldn't think....not 100%.

Haha what if they Financial Review you.
Oh f***!!!

:-P jk!

Financial Review? What would that do?

Regular Contributor

Repo-ed wrote:

Log into americanexpress.com and the date at the top of the main screen will tell you your member since year.

I logged in and was able to find the original date:

"THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 2005"

Regular Contributor

distantarray wrote:

GABrown wrote:
Thats the first time i have heard of this...Thats really awesome and congrats as well!!!

yep me too first time I heard of someone paying in full after they settled Smiley Wink

lol I haven't fully PIF but just about. I should have never settled to begin with, I made the debt so I should pay the debt.

Regular Contributor

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Call them!!!! Now don't try for a cli until it's completely paid off... Ive seen ops get approved with old debts from Amex but then denied the 61day 3xcli bc of the old debt lol!

So I called and spoke with a new card rep. The rep said that my account terms had not fully generated yet but was able to tell me the estimated CL on my Blue card will be around $3,500 and no estimate can be given for APR.

Senior Contributor

Financial Review is where they make you give them permission to ask the IRS for your tax returns:-/. Don't worry about it... Just be cautious with how you use the account.

I got an initial line of $3500 tooo!!!!! Yay!! Got mine approved on Oct 1st!!!:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that's great!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update:

I received my congratulations letter from AmEx today stating my FICO score which they obtained from Experian. As of November 4 it was a 702. The key factors that contributed to my FICO score:

Serious delinquency

Length of time accounts have been established

Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high

Too many inquiries last 12 months

APR: Still unknown

Credit Limit: $2,500

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.