Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Wal-Mart Auto Luv

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Unexpected Wal-Mart Auto Luv

I just opened the card a month or two ago with a SL of $150 (not great but ehhh). I immediately requested a CLI and was declined with no counter offer. Tonight I was paying some bills and going thru accounts and saw a bump to $700 without even asking for it. I have used the card a couple of times for a couple of small purchases and PIF the first month and then made 2 payments since the last statement cut to a zero balance. Slowly growing it!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unexpected Wal-Mart Auto Luv

@Officer737 wrote:

I just opened the card a month or two ago with a SL of $150 (not great but ehhh). I immediately requested a CLI and was declined with no counter offer. Tonight I was paying some bills and going thru accounts and saw a bump to $700 without even asking for it. I have used the card a couple of times for a couple of small purchases and PIF the first month and then made 2 payments since the last statement cut to a zero balance. Slowly growing it!

Thats a good sign....What I would do is either use chat or call CS thru backdoor number ask for CLI there ask for 10k Smiley Happy GL I personally would do with walmart, lowes, amazon Smiley Happy let us know how it went. Its a Soft pull anyways doesn't hurt plus will help with Util and increase on score.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Yeah credit solutions is the key...I can't wait! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Officer737 wrote:

Congrats!!  Your story sounds almost exactly like mine, so I decided to log on just now and...  I was still at $150.  :-(  I figured after a couple of payments and a higher score than when I applied(it's at 653 now, so I'm guessing yours must be higher or higher income or something!).   So just a moment ago I figured it couldnt hurt to try the luv button.  This is the response I got, and I dont think its the same as my other denials, so I'm kind of worried now :-(  "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account."

PIF twice, actually overpaid this time, probably have a dollar and chage credit.  I wonder if that's why I got that odd message.  Or possibly my income changing?  Either way, I don't want to interupt your good feeling, and look forward to when I can leave $150 land too.  Right now, I will settle for sharing in your joy, as I can relate to your situation! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

Congrats!!  Your story sounds almost exactly like mine, so I decided to log on just now and...  I was still at $150.  :-(  I figured after a couple of payments and a higher score than when I applied(it's at 653 now, so I'm guessing yours must be higher or higher income or something!).   So just a moment ago I figured it couldnt hurt to try the luv button.  This is the response I got, and I dont think its the same as my other denials, so I'm kind of worried now :-(  "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account."

PIF twice, actually overpaid this time, probably have a dollar and chage credit.  I wonder if that's why I got that odd message.  Or possibly my income changing?  Either way, I don't want to interupt your good feeling, and look forward to when I can leave $150 land too.  Right now, I will settle for sharing in your joy, as I can relate to your situation! Smiley Happy

Captain J don't use the luv button instead use the Chat or just call CS in the backdoor number, the luv button never worked for me I just called them or just used the chat  which got me huge increases Smiley Happy GL

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

Captain J don't use the luv button instead use the Chat or just call CS in the backdoor number, the luv button never worked for me I just called them or just used the chat  which got me huge increases Smiley Happy GL

Thanks for the advice!  Yes, Ive read this a bunch, but figured it couldnt hurt to try the easier way first, right?  Especially at this odd hour!  Smiley Wink

Thing is, I've called in at last once for Walmart, as well as for my other Synchrony cards.  I've never gotten a budge on any.  I know it's still early for me, but Ive seen plenty of stories of folks with immediate CLIs, or getting them shortly into their membership.   I may have to get on my knees, open my arms out, lean my had back, and yell "Whyyyyyyyyy?!!?!?".   (similar to the seinfeld episode where George screamed "Twixxxxxx!!!!" at the end with a shot from above him with his arms outstretched toward the heavens looking upwards.  I hope I was able to illustrate that enough so that you can picture my frustration.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

Thanks for the advice!  Yes, Ive read this a bunch, but figured it couldnt hurt to try the easier way first, right?  Especially at this odd hour!  Smiley Wink

Thing is, I've called in at last once for Walmart, as well as for my other Synchrony cards.  I've never gotten a budge on any.  I know it's still early for me, but Ive seen plenty of stories of folks with immediate CLIs, or getting them shortly into their membership.   I may have to get on my knees, open my arms out, lean my had back, and yell "Whyyyyyyyyy?!!?!?".   (similar to the seinfeld episode where George screamed "Twixxxxxx!!!!" at the end with a shot from above him with his arms outstretched toward the heavens looking upwards.  I hope I was able to illustrate that enough so that you can picture my frustration.  Smiley Happy

Just wondering are you using the number on the back of the card?

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

Just wondering are you using the number on the back of the card?

I posted the other day that I wondered the same thing(and with the rest of my Synchrony stable(lol)).  Memory isnt my strong suit, and I'm not sure if I used them or the credit solutions # I see on here from time to time.  I did program it into my phone the other night, thanks to a post from bodyboy1, for future use and ease.  

I do have a question though.  It seems like it's been documented that there is a major difference in results between these 2 numbers?  Is that the case?  Thanks

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah the backdoor number listed by passes the CSR instead go to a credit analyst which they call credit solution. usually the people you get calling the number on the back don't even bother checking your credit etc etc and just flat out tell you non-sense. I did a test I called the number on the card and the CSR tells me well you haven't had the card for such and such time put you on hold then comes back and denys you...Doesn't ask you the usual like Income and how much you want as a limit LOL.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.