cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusually Early Discover CLI

tag

Unusually Early Discover CLI

I've had the IT student card since late January/early February of this year. Started with a $500 CL, but upon logging in to check my account, they had bumped my CL to 650 without asking. It's not like I need the credit, but I'm a little surprised they did an auto CLI this early. Is this typical of Discover?

Granted, a $150 increase is a pittance in real dollar terms; however, on a percent basis this is a 30% increase after <4 months. Plus the rewards and customer service are top notch. Suffice it to say, I've been plesantly surprised with Discover so far. 

My Wallet:
Discover IT Student/1000 CL
Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students/1000 CL
PayPal Credit/1000 CL
Chase Freedom/1900 CL
AmEx Blue Cash/2000 CL
I'm a credit amateur, and frankly I have zero need for credit. I'm just preparing for the day where I will need credit.
700+ all bureaus

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Unusually Early Discover CLI

Message 2 of 7
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Auto! That's a sure sign that you're handling the account properly. Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 7
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the Auto-Luv from Discover!!  There are folks here who have had their Discover card account for more than a year and they are still waiting on an auto-CLI from them!  You must be doing something right!  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats auto luv is the best luv

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Any auto CLI's is welcomed in my book. Congrats.
+1
Message 6 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.