cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved for $10k. DW Chase Freedom approved finally after 2.5 months!!!!

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Update: Approved for $10k. DW Chase Freedom approved finally after 2.5 months!!!!

Finally Chase approved DW's application after 2.5 months of back and forth calls, docs sent in fax, docs sent in snail mail.

Apped her Chase freedom app along with BOFA BBR on march 1. These are her first own CC apps, she was on my AU for last 3 years. Bofa approved her BBR app instantly with $4.5k. Chase took so long. They asked us to call them with application ref no. When called, they said they need DW license and social to be faxed.

I faxed them both quite next day. After calling them in a week, they said the license address in the fax wasnt clear enough. I did the fax again with black and white copy, but the same problem they reported .

Finally got one csr to get chase snail mail address and send the docs. With in 2 weeks, DW got email from chase saying the beautiful words. "Congrats, your chase freedom is approved and it will be delivered in 7-10 biz days". We still do not know, how much it was approved and other details. I need to add myself as AU once we receive the card in hand.

My goodness, they took so long time, where i even thought of just leaving it and move ahead with other cards of what we have. some of my patience got the rewards i guess so. 

We are going to put some $500 purchase to get $150+$25 cash rewards in next 3 mos.. 

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
becontent
New Contributor

Re: DW Chase Freedom approved finally after 2.5 months!!!!

Congrats!  Same thing happened with my DW but not as long.  She was initially declined due to "too many new accounts..."  Now, she has one Chase United card from years back and I've added her as an AU on many of my new accounts, therefore, the reason for the decline.  So, I sent Chase - via secure message - under her profile letting them know that she has not had any new accounts under her name for years, but has been added on as AU's.  2 weeks later, she received a notification that she was approved for a $15k SL!  The card was received about 5 days after the message...  I guess the auto-decline can't tell whether or not a person has been an AU?

The rewards are great, as we'll be using it toward a mini-vacation this summer! 

I think I'm gardening now...
Message 2 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!
Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, to her!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Finally Chase approved DW's application after 2.5 months of back and forth calls, docs sent in fax, docs sent in snail mail.

Apped her Chase freedom app along with BOFA BBR on march 1. These are her first own CC apps, she was on my AU for last 3 years. Bofa approved her BBR app instantly with $4.5k. Chase took so long. They asked us to call them with application ref no. When called, they said they need DW license and social to be faxed.

I faxed them both quite next day. After calling them in a week, they said the license address in the fax wasnt clear enough. I did the fax again with black and white copy, but the same problem they reported .

Finally got one csr to get chase snail mail address and send the docs. With in 2 weeks, DW got email from chase saying the beautiful words. "Congrats, your chase freedom is approved and it will be delivered in 7-10 biz days". We still do not know, how much it was approved and other details. I need to add myself as AU once we receive the card in hand.

My goodness, they took so long time, where i even thought of just leaving it and move ahead with other cards of what we have. some of my patience got the rewards i guess so. 

We are going to put some $500 purchase to get $150+$25 cash rewards in next 3 mos.. 

Update to initial post: Just called the Chase card app status to talk with IVR. Got to know, the card approved for $10k.

Happy dance.. Smiley TongueHeartHeart

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.