cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Update* Approved!! "What are my odds? Should I apply for the Ames Blue Everyday Cash card?"

tag
rob3gd
Established Member

*Update* Approved!! "What are my odds? Should I apply for the Ames Blue Everyday Cash card?"

Here is my credit at a glance.

Credit Karma FAKO 736

Experian score: 702

Transunion: 704

Equifax: I don't know.

Credit inquires: EX.8  Trans.5  EQ.11

Number of accounts: 11 (Macy's doesn't report my card to Experian for some reason but I wish they did)

Macy's: 3.4 yrs. $2,000

Walmart: 2.4 yrs $3,300

Capital One platinum: 2.1 yrs. $750

Target: 2 yrs $200

Sears: 1.6 yrs $2,600

Ashley's Furniture: 1.6 yrs $5,000

Best Buy: 1.6 yrs $3,300

Banana Republic: 1.6 yrs $1,100

Chase Freedom: 1.5 yrs $800

Capital One Visa" 1.4 yrs. $750

Utilization as of now: 0% Everything paid off.

I had a US Bank account, but I closed it and my reserve line balance turned into a loan. The high balance during October was $2,600, but

Its paid down to just $104. However, this month, my statement had my balance at $1,800, so my score might go up after the first of may when it shows that I paid $1700.

I have a serious delenquency with Capital One from 2009 (about 120 days), but I paid it off as agreed and closed the account in early 2010. Then I got A First Premiere Bank Card and used it for a year, then I closed it when I got another Capital One Card.

Im concerned about the delenquency because it still follows me. The last time that I had a late payment was 2.7 years ago. It was a random thing with capital one while I was paying the delequent account.

Ive always paid all my bills on time and I made thousands of dollars in purchases with these cards and made some pretty big payments, especially recently. Credit Karma says that Ive made over 220 on-time payments since 2010 when they started to keep track.

So, what are my chances?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What are my odds? Should I apply for the Amex Blue Everyday Cash card?

How serious of a deliquency are we talking about?

I don't see any problem with an application with your profile, long as you have income, likely very good approval odds.  May only get 1K (like I did, with a worse repot I might add) but you appear to be well above the current underwriting minimum.

        
Message 2 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 17
rob3gd
Established Member

I believe it was about 120 days. I was in high school at the time and I made a serious mistake but I'm trying to bounce back

Message 4 of 17
rob3gd
Established Member

i guess not?

Message 5 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Amex might triple pull, and if they see a freeze, they will want you to unfreeze it, regardless of whether the info on it is accurate or not.

if those inaccurate info is a big negative, then wait until its cleared up before you apply.

I think you should be fine for Amex, but I don't really know to be honest. They're sometimes extremely strict for some people, and for some others they seem to give a leeway or two.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Let that account report the lower balance and you should be fine.  I was approved with similar stats.  I had two six year old collections and one was over $2k when I was approved last year. FICOs very similar at ~700.  Limit was $2k but that was in line with everything but the new discover at the time. Good luck. 

Message 7 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

oh to add, call macys and tell them your info isn't being reported correctly onto experian. they'll update it but the process usually takes 2-4 weeks at the very least, and up to 2 months.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 17
rob3gd
Established Member

@enharu wrote:

oh to add, call macys and tell them your info isn't being reported correctly onto experian. they'll update it but the process usually takes 2-4 weeks at the very least, and up to 2 months.

OK will do, but I hope they can maybe expedite it because I really want to apply within the first week of May after my reports update the status if my loan.

Message 9 of 17
rob3gd
Established Member

I applied online, but it didnt go through and instructed me to call new card services. After being on the phone for about 30 minutes, I was approved for $3,000. The rep had to verify my address by calling BOA to confirm. Im so happy, Yea.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.